*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959137-Aging
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#959137 added May 17, 2019 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
Aging
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT May 17th
A lot of medical research today focuses on developing cures to ageing. Presumably, with the right breakthrough, humans could live forever. How do you feel about this? Write an entry describing the advantages and disadvantages of extremely long life using facts and opinions to support your answer.


Admittedly, I am in a bit of a sour mood today. All the same, this morning's prompts feels too "term paper-esque" for me and the demand that I back up my opinion with facts just feels like all together too much for me to tackle. The other issue I have is that honestly, in my opinion, human beings have no right to live forever. What business do we have creating a world where we subvert the natural cycle of life? There are so many things wrong with that for me, on so many levels. Our knowledge and technologies should be focused on preserving the resources of our planet, not finding ways to subject it to our consumption and pollution for our eternal existence.

I for one, would not want to be immortal. The process of aging is something I am entitled too. Life is only a true journey when we get to anticipate and reach the milestones along the way. Who doesn't look eagerly toward turning 18, that ripe age of adulthood? We only get to turn 21 once, most of us have a story worth telling...or forgetting, about that particular milestone. I personally relished turning 40, as I saw it as the age I no longer had to care what anyone thought about me or my life choices. I could keep all my fucks to myself as it were. In much the same way I am looking forward to my 50's and 60's, with the hope I can slipped easily into being someone's grandmother one day. I have no interest in living forever, I plan to grown old with equal measures of spunk and grace.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959137-Aging