*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959157
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#959157 added May 17, 2019 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
Jane Austen Quote About Walter Scott
Walter Scott has no business to write novels, especially good ones. It is not fair. He has fame and profit enough as a poet and should not be taking the bread out of the mouths of people." Jane Austen

I agree with Jane. Jane was struggling as an author and never made a lot of money. Her family and her were invited to balls and well respected but money was not their strong suit. I don't care for men authors trying to write romance novels. To me, only women can write romance. I like Stephen King but I don't care for any other man authors. King doesn't write romance. Jane probably felt threatened by male authors and males dominated the writing world back then. It wasn't fair. Jane is famous now but wasn't in her life time. Men and women weren't equals back then. This is sad. Walter Scott was rich. Jane loved writing but she should have been able to make a profit out of it. She probably felt women should be the ones to write romance because men fall in love but they make fun of chick flicks in this day and age. They don't talk about love or let their feelings show. What a pity. Women are open about their feelings and are able to talk, write about romance and express their feelings. I hope Jane knows that she is famous now and is smiling. As for Walter Scott, Walter who? Jane smiles!

Merit Badge in Elizabeth
[Click For More Info]

Happy Mother's Day as you approach your 17th Account Anniversary!  I hope that you have a wonderful day and week ahead.  Sending this "physical" badge to go with the other one you will receive.  *^*Heart*^*

Girl and a white Tiger. Beautiful.
© Copyright 2019 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959157