*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959191-God-The-Unknowable-Essence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959191 added May 18, 2019 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
God, The Unknowable Essence
Jalál (Glory), 2 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Saturday, May 18, 2019

“God, the Unknowable Essence”

"God in His Essence and in His own Self hath ever been unseen, inaccessible, and unknowable. By Presence, therefore, is meant the Presence of the One Who is His Vicegerent amongst men. We beseech Him -- exalted be He -- to aid every one to become the essence of truthfulness, and to draw nigh unto Him. He, verily, is the Lord of strength and power. No God is there but Him, the All-Hearing, the Lord of Utterance, the Almighty, the All-Praised."
Bahá’í Scripture

Sunday, May 19, is the devotional meeting at Baha'i Center, located at 7035 W. Oakey Blvd. in Las Vegas, Nevada. The theme for this month's devotional is “God, the Unknowable Essence”. I'm looking forward, as I do every month, to attending this devotional service. During the devotional portion of the meeting quotes from the Baha'i Scriptures, the Qur'an, the Christian Bible, and other sacred scriptures are read. At the end of the devotional portion announcements are made and questions are answered. The social portion, in which refreshments are served and more questions answers, is the last part of the meeting.


Meditation
on the Existence of God1

There is a timeless quality about life--
about living--
which extends beyond what I know,
and what I feel.

It extends into an unknown realm;
existing between illusion and reality,
between dreaming and waking,
between death and life.

There is more to life than anything I have experienced,
anything I have imagined.

It is not that I am missing something,
rather something exist which I cannot grasp,
and cannot comprehend.

This something I call God.

He exist,
though not in the same way as I,
He is beyond all I know,
all I see,
all I feel.

Without God there would be no Universe,
no Life.

Gratitude List for 2 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish Seeing the Oneness in Navajo Teachings and the Baha’i Faith   by Bitahnii Wayne Wilson.
         *BulletV* ...for the chocolate doughnut I have to go with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 564 points in my Survey Junkie account.
         *BulletV* ...for the banana I had with my breakfast today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have $10.50 in my Vindale Research account.
         *BulletV* ...for the Vega puffs I had with my lunch.
         *BulletV* ...that I received a merit badge today.
Merit Badge in Mental Health Writers Alliance
[Click For More Info]

  Congratulations, Neva! *^*Heartg*^* You won the virtual dice roll for Week 2 of Mental Health Awareness Month!! Thank you for participating and raising awareness through your reviews. *^*Awarenessg*^*

         *BulletV* ...for the Brita pitcher we have to keep water in until we can afford to purchase bottled water.
         *BulletV* ...that I have decided on the theme for my upcoming Spiritual newsletter and have the research links I need.


Footnotes
1  I posted this in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Co coon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/meditation-on-existence-of-god.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959191-God-The-Unknowable-Essence