*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959216-Losses-Make-Us-Cherish-What-We-Hold-Dear
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#959216 added May 18, 2019 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Losses Make Us Cherish What We Hold Dear
Blog City - Day 1977


I lost my 20 year old cat today to cancer. I'm heartbroken. She was with me through 2 rounds of cancer, my move to New Jersey and my head injury. We've been through a lot together.
The prompt is about losses in your life.


Looking at the number of the day and reading the prompt makes me give a sad smile. I too had a cat who lived to be almost 20. I grew up with her. She was my companion and my comedic relief. My mother and I bought her for $2.50 and I think the year was 1977 or was it 1975... or 1973... either way, it was the seventies. Mom had said we were not going to buy anything... but hey, what a gift we found in that little ball of calico fuzz.

The short story I am writing for my Fiction Writing Workshop is featuring her crazy calico comedy as it flows through my childhood and my mother's depression. She held us together and made us smile and laugh on some of our darkest days.

I have a feeling God gives us gifts like her to make coping with life a little less chaotic. She reminded us that humour was always there to be found and savoured. Even as I write about her I smile and even laugh outright when I remember her wonderfulness!

I have almost always had cats.... despite the allergies I have developed over the years - that is another cosmic transgression.

All my cats have been a blessing and helped restore my faith in the small things. Right now we have two cats - one is diabetic, the other has just been diagnosed with cancer. The vet wanted us to put him down, but both of them are happy so were are cherishing the time we have with them - one is 15, the other is 16.

The older one, with cancer, was playing with my socks this morning as I tried to get dressed. Crazy Boo Boo Bear!

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959216-Losses-Make-Us-Cherish-What-We-Hold-Dear