*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959259-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959259 added May 19, 2019 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Jamál (Beauty), 3 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Sunday, May 19, 2019

"The endowments which distinguish the human race from all other forms of life are summed up in what is known as the human spirit; the mind is its essential quality. These endowments have enabled humanity to build civilizations and to prosper materially. But such accomplishments alone have never satisfied the human spirit, whose mysterious nature inclines it towards transcendence, a reaching towards an invisible realm, towards the ultimate reality, that unknowable essence of essences called God."
Bahá’í Scripture

I've written 15 poems dedicated to The Bab, and I have 185 to finish; at least, I think that's the count. I have to go back and check to make sure of the count, and see if any of the poems I have written need rewriting or editing. In addition, I think I have one poem in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose that I need to finish. The poem I'm thinking about was started before I began the 200, but I'm not sure when. I'll go back through them and see what I have. There could be other poems I need to rewrite or edit, as well.


The Soul's Goal1

To know and love God
This is the goal of our souls
Seeking transcendence

Gratitude List for 3 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I have 582 points in my Survey Junkie account.
         *BulletV* ...for the fresh brewed coffee I had this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish The Indigenous Prophets: Lone Man in Mandan Sacred Tradition   by Christopher Buck & Kevin Locke, which is part of the series Indigenous Messengers of God  .
         *BulletV* ...for the slice of pumpkin pie I had at the Baha'i Center today.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish Do All Peoples Have a Prophet?   by Christopher Buck and Nosratollah Mohammadhosseini, which is part of the series Indigenous Messengers of God  .
         *BulletV* ...for bottled water because it tastes better than the Brita pitcher water, which means I tend to drink more.


Footnotes
1  I posted this in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-souls-goal.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959259-Sunday