*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959327-Muse-and-Motivations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#959327 added May 20, 2019 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Muse and Motivations
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT May 20th
What time of day are you most motivated? Least motivated? For me, I’m most motivated and productive in the morning, and least in the mid afternoon around 2pm. What do you do to renew your motivation in those slumps?


I wake most mornings with full energy reserves. I can power through most of the day, until about 2:30pm...when the day seems suddenly so much longer than it should be. It feels sometimes like you hit a wall. I have to abandon my desk and computer and walk around the facility. Sometimes I spent a few minutes on the hanger floor talking with the techs. Sometimes I run to get the mail or take some pictures for the social media pages. A hot cup of coffee will give me a little charge at times, giving me at least the spark I need to rally through the remains of the afternoon. My day officially ends at 3:30, when I leave the office to pick up my daughter from school. Emails and texts can continue throughout the day but at least I am not behind my desk any longer. I always get a pick me up when I see her emerge from the back of the school, shouldering her backpack and scanning the crowd for my face. I almost always get a smile then which charges my batteries and motivates me forward like nothing else does.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959327-Muse-and-Motivations