*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959328-Motivational-Monday-May-20-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959328 added May 20, 2019 at 8:21pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: May 20, 2019
Kamál (Perfection), 4 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Monday, May 20, 2019

"O thou who art longing to witness the lights from the Beauty Abha!

Thy letter reached me at this moment and I was rejoiced at thine excellent words which proved the enkindlement of the fire of the love of God in thy heart. Be confident in the bounty of thy Lord. Verily He will make thee a manifest example and an evident proof for the attainment of His Kingdom in this glorious century. Then the fire of His love will flame in thy heart, the light of His knowledge will shine in thy face, thy tongue will speak with eloquent explanation and thy spirit will be attracted unto the kingdom of knowledge.

O maid-servant of God! The Spirit knoweth the spirit, the Spirit addresseth the spirit and the Spirit associateth with the spirit…"

‘Abdu’l-Baha12

It's Monday again. It's the third Monday in May 2019, a month with only four Mondays in it. I've lived in this apartment almost six months. I've lived in this apartment over five difficult months. I don't think the situation is getting worse, but I don't know that it's getting any better. I could be wrong, my situation could be getting better and I just don't see it. I think part of the problem is my focus. I need to focus on the bounty and blessings of God rather than the situation I find myself in.



Gratitude List for 4 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to sleep through the night without getting woke up by bedbugs biting me.
         *BulletV* ...for the cake doughnut I have to go with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that Faye's check arrived today.
         *BulletV* ...for the Arizona ice tea I had with my lunch.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 662 points in my Survey Junkie account.
         *BulletV* ...for the hamburger sandwich I had for lunch.
         *BulletV* ...that I have one Editor's Pick for my June edition of the spiritual newsletter.
         *BulletV* ...for the Canada Dry ginger ale I have with my evening meal.

Nightingales Gratitude3

Nightingales
raise their songs in praise,
intoning
gratitude
to the All-Glorious Lord:
The Glory of God.

Footnotes
1  Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, vol. 1
2  Quoted on Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- Daily Readings: May 19
3  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/nightingales-gratitude.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959328-Motivational-Monday-May-20-2019