*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959498-Thankful-Thursday-May-23-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959498 added May 23, 2019 at 9:51pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday May 23, 2019
Istijlál (Majesty), 7 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Thursday, May 23, 2019

"On this day in 1844 the Bab was sent forth heralding and proclaiming the Kingdom of God, announcing the glad tidings of the coming of Baha’u’llah and withstanding the opposition of the whole Persian nation. Some of the Persians followed Him. For this they suffered the most grievous difficulties and severe ordeals. They withstood the tests with wonderful power and sublime heroism. Thousands were cast into prison, punished, persecuted and martyred. Their homes were pillaged and destroyed, their possessions confiscated. They sacrificed their lives most willingly and remained unshaken in their faith to the very end. Those wonderful souls are the lamps of God, the stars of sanctity shining gloriously from the eternal horizon of the will of God."
Abdu'l-Baha1

Declaration of The Bab2

It was the dawn
of a new day for humanity
when its unity
became firmly established.

Gratitude List for 7 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn this morning.
         *BulletV* ...fir fresh brewed hot coffee sipped from my writing.com travel mug.
         *BulletV* ...that the money from PayPal hit my checking account yessterday.
         *BulletV* ...for the cake doughnut I have to go with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 473 points in my Survey Junkie account.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to read The Declaration of the Bab: A New Revelation Regenerates Humanity   From the Editors of bahaiteaching.org  .
         *BulletV* ...that I have $11.89 in my Vindale research account.



Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 138.
2  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/declaration-of-bab.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959498-Thankful-Thursday-May-23-2019