*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959601-Prayer-fo-the-Departed-Memorial-Day--Thoughts-etc
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959601 added May 25, 2019 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Prayer fo the Departed, Memorial Day Thoughts, etc.
Jalál (Glory), 9 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Saturday, May 25, 2019

Prayer for the Departed

"O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins, bestower of gifts, dispeller of afflictions!

Verily, I beseech thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.

O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá1

Memorial Day Thoughts

It's Memorial Day weekend, and most people will be barbecuing or going to Memorial Day sales. How many will think of why we commemorate Memorial Day? How many will think of the toll that war has on those who fight and come home alive? I know I didn't until I read the article No Bad Guys on Memorial Day   by David Langness. We civilians, who have never been in battle, can't know or comprehend the damage war does to the minds and the souls of soldiers. Instead of celebrating Memorial Day--which is what many of us do--we need to stop and say a prayer for the souls of those soldiers killed in battle.

Gratitude List for 9 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn this morning.
         *BulletV* ...for fresh brewed black coffee sipped from my writing.com travel mug.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 523 points in my Survey Junkie account.
         *BulletV* ...for the beautiful, pleasant day because I can keep the door open.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish the article The Survival of the Soul after Death   by Alan Dworak, which is the first article in the series What Happens To Us After We Die?  .

Saturday Afternoon2

Partly cloudy
patches of blue sky
peek through grayish-white clouds
that are pushed by the wind
toward the western mountains.

Footnotes
1  http://www.bahaiprayers.org/depart4.htm
2  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/saturday-afternoon.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959601-Prayer-fo-the-Departed-Memorial-Day--Thoughts-etc