*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959839-Spiritual-Newsletter-July-29-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#959839 added July 31, 2019 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Newsletter July 29, 2019
https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/
https://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grief.html

Editor's Picks

1. A Letter to God
2. A Place of Peace
3. Prayer 101
4. The Glory of the Bhagavat Gita - Part I
5. The Power of His Love
6.
7. God What Am I to Achieve in Life
8.
9.

Heading 1

Grief is a Journey

Heading 2

What are the stages of grief?

Hook

Do you pray or cry through the stages of the grief process?

About This Newsletter

“I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

"Grief is never something you get over. You don't wake up one morning and say, 'I've conquered that; now I'm moving on.' It's something that walks beside you every day. And if you can learn how to manage it and honour the person that you miss, you can take something that is incredibly sad and have some form of positivity."
Terri Irwin

“The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief, the closer is God!”

Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punis


Letter From the Editor

My mother died on November 29, 2012, one week after Thanksgiving. To this day, I am thankful she didn't die on Thanksgiving because we were able to have one last Thanksgiving Feast together. It wasn't a very big feast, just a turkey breast (we divided it), gravy, dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and coffee. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade together.

It's been six years and eight months since I saw her for the last time. I have journeyed through the five stages of grief, at least I think I have. I have experienced denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Acceptance is the first part of the healing process, which I'm still moving through. I still cry when I think of Mama. I still miss Mama. Sometimes I hear her voice or see her face in my dreams.

One of the things that has helped me deal with my grief is the Baha'i Faith. Especially the prayers revealed by Baha'u'lllah and 'Abdu'l-Baha for the departed. Saying prayers for the departed helps their souls advance in the spiritual world. As a Baha'i I'm encouraged to pray for the departed, especially for my parents. 'Abdu'l-Baha revealed a prayer for mothers and for fathers.

The prayer for my father helps me deal with the grief and regret of never being able to say good-bye to him. I found out about his death when I did an online search for his name. I was able to say good-bye to my mother, which doesn't prevent me from missing her. The prayer I say for Mom helps helps the healing process, which will continue the rest of my physical life. I know that both my parents are waiting to greet me when my soul departs this body.

I would encourage anyone going through the stages of grief to find a grief counseling group in your area. It helps to talk to other people going through the grief process. The grief process is a journey that eventually helps you find a new normal that will move you forward in the healing process.

Editors Picks

STATIC
A Letter to God  (ASR)
based on a dream
#2195132 by K5Rakitan

Excerpt: I woke up with this song in my head:

 A Place Of Peace  (E)
I made the journey to Makkah and here you can read my experience.
#476501 by Dreams - Anon, who are you?

Excerpt: We landed in Saudi Arabia late in the evening. Outside darkness had fallen. Yet the air was hot and humid. The summer in Saudi was unrelenting. I mustered up all my energy to stand up straight as my heavy luggage was taken off my hands. It was loaded into the awaiting car that was to take us from the airport in Jeddah, to the Kabah in the city of Makkah.

 Prayer 101  (E)
Why should our talks with God be any different than our talks with friends?
#1064782 by Kenzie

Excerpt: What is prayer? It’s simply talking with God and listening for His response. The method we use really doesn’t matter to God.

 THE GLORY OF BHAGAVAT GITA – PART I  (E)
The Mahabharata says: "The Gita comprises all the scriptures".
#2034864 by santhanam nagarajan

Excerpt: The Mahabharata says: "The Gita comprises all the scriptures".

The Power of His Love  (13+)
I feel I must share this with you. I pray that it touches someone out there.
#798443 by Beth Barnett

Excerpt: Each and everyone of you are each God's personal individual miracles, and you need to know that, first and foremost. You are a treasure whom God made with a unique mold, never to be used again in the history of mankind. You deserve the love and respect that coincides with that.

Submission from Readers

STATIC
God, What Am I to Achieve in Life?  (E)
I asked God what I was suppose to achieve in my life, this is the answer He gave to me.
#813923 by intuey

Excerpt:God, what am I suppose to achieve in this lifetime?

         I see pictures of myself and I realize it doesn't matter what uniform I have on,
         What I do, but how I do it -- how I do life!


Activities, Groups, and Contests



Mia - craving colour writes: Hi Prosperous Snow,

Thank you for expanding my vocabulary. Love your article. *Smile* Love the word “Mulligrub”. It does have the effect of making one smile. *Smile*

Like you, I am learning that gratitude and recognizIng the unique gift of each day (‘This day will never come again’’) goes a long way in shaping our moment to moment attitude.

intuey writes: Great NL! It's amazing how we act without truly recognizing it. I also try to pay attention to my thoughts -- your thoughts will soon come through your mouth, so it's important to really pay attention to what you're thinking. If you find yourself thinking negative thoughts, change the thought by having a happy place thought readily available that you can fall back on. You'll be shocked by your racing thoughts, and how getting them under control will help your personality, your character, and maybe even your future? You never know where a cheerful disposition can carry you *Inlove*

Pumpkin writes: I think you're right. We "mulligrub" less as we get older. We have seen so many bad things by the time we're over the hill, that the little things look more like little things, and no so overwhelming.

Sunny writes: Thank you so much for enter my "Talk Place Group Forum
Means a lot *Hug*

writes:


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959839-Spiritual-Newsletter-July-29-2019