*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959964-Could-Chasten-be-our-next-Jackie-O---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#959964 added June 3, 2019 at 2:39am
Restrictions: None
Could Chasten be our next Jackie O? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could Chasten be our next Jackie O? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack and Jackie were young and beautiful. 1961 was a year that looked the same upside down... cool. It was a time between wars when no one wanted to talk about the domestic and foreign unrest that would soon tear the country apart.

It was Camelot.

The White House had been a bit military-staid and Mamie-pink. Out with the old! A new era was upon us. In 3rd grade I stood along the curb as the Kennedys slowly drove by our school top-down in a convertible. It was a different time for sure.

Jack was tall and handsome and Jackie had it all; poise, youth, wealth, beauty.

Those who came after would always be compared to her: Lady Bird, Pat, Betty, Rosalyn, Nancy, Barbara, Hillary, Laura, Michelle, Melania.

Lady Bird campaigned to make the highways of America beautiful. Betty brought her battle with the bottle out in public and breast cancer too. Hillary championed health care and went on to become Secretary of State. Michelle promoted fitness.

Many were introverts, willing to play a supportive role.

Melania, bless-her-soul, has a spousal unit that sucks all the air out of any room he enters. Her elegance gets overshadowed by chaos. But... maybe her successor will be the second coming of Jackie O?

Who could prove to be one of the most interesting spouses to rule the East Wing in 60 years?

Chasten!

We already know him by one name (his last name gives some people grief). As a humanities and drama teacher of teenagers he's quite at ease on the stage. He uses social media and will bring the dogs. Both are pluses for a younger generation.

And he has flair!

To quote Katherine Igoe: "Chasten does improv comedy, and, hilariously, is much more extroverted than his "shy" partner Pete (interesting, given the latter's choice of profession and, well, the fact that he's running for president)."

Will we revisit Camelot? I doubt it. But none of the other spouses have captured as much public attention.

I mean, do YOU know any of their names?

Peace, Kåre
1.juni.2019
102.329

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959964-Could-Chasten-be-our-next-Jackie-O---