*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959986-The-First-Day-of-June-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#959986 added June 1, 2019 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
The First Day of June 2019
Jalál (Glory), 16 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Saturday, June 1, 2019

On the first day of June,
I contemplate the fog
that conceals the next twenty-nine days
from my view.


On the first day of June,
I wonder what surprises,
what successes,
and what failures
await me this month.

On the first day of June,
I take a deep breath
and place the month
in God's hands.

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2386 Prompt: June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month. What is your favorite fresh fruit? What is your favorite fresh vegetable? Do you have a recipe or recipes you would like to share containing these foods?

I don't have a favorite fresh fruit or vegetable because I can't decide on which one I like best. When I was growing up Grandpa Frank planted a garden every year. We had all sorts of fresh vegetables from those gardens. but we usually purchased our fresh fruit from a supermarket, so at that time selection was limited. One of my favorite vegetable recipes is stew. I like vegetable, chicken, or beef stew.

Grandma Mary usually fixed chicken stew because she and Grandpa raised chickens. Grandpa would kill the chicken, Grandma would pluck the chicken, burn off its pinfeathers, dress it (cut the chicken up), and put it onto cook. After the chicken was done, she would remove the chicken parts, put the vegetable into the stew pot to begin cooking, and remove the chicken meat from the bones. After she removed the meat from the bones, she put the meat back in the stew pot with the vegetables.

I've never made chicken stew the way Grandma did. First, I don't kill my own chicken; not that I couldn't, I just don't. I purchase thigh or leg quarters, put those in a stew pot with water and seasoning. While the chicken is cooking, I add the vegetable. I usually add onions, potatoes, carrots, and squash or some other type of vegetable.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959986-The-First-Day-of-June-2019