*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960049-The-First-Sunday-in-June
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#960049 added June 2, 2019 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
The First Sunday in June
Jamál (Beauty), 17 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Sunday, June 2, 2019

"Think not that We have revealed unto you a mere code of laws. Nay, rather, We have unsealed the choice Wine with the fingers of might and power. To this beareth witness that which the Pen of Revelation hath revealed. Meditate upon this, O men of insight!"
Baha’u’llah12

In December 2018, we (my roommate and I) moved into a one-bedroom apartment. I sleep in the living room in a recliner, because I'm no longer able to sleep in a bed (it doesn't matter how firm or soft the mattress), while she sleeps in the bedroom. Anyway, ever since moving into this apartment we've been confronted with one problem after another. It's gotten to the point where I'm falling or have fallen and tend to rant about my problems, which doesn't solve them.


I can't deal with the depression any more, so last night I decided to start sating the Tablet of Ahmad. I know that there is a solution the these problems we're facing, I just can't see it. Therefore, I will stop whatever I'm doing at periodic and random intervals to say the Tablet of Ahmad for guidance and a solution to the problems that have seemed to mount higher and higher since December.

I said the Tablet of Ahmad last night, and had a dream. In the dream I went to my bank and applied for a credit card. I haven't had a credit card in years, and I haven't applied for one in years. I haven't applied for one because the last time I did I was turned down. I know that shouldn't stop me, especially if applying for a credit card is an answer to a prayer. I might be able to get on this time, I took out a payday loan (maybe not the wisest thing I've ever did) and was accepted. I'm making payment on the loan, but that hasn't helped my finances. I'm not sure if a credit card would help; it might help with the money shortage at the end of the month. The thing is, I'm worried about making both the credit card payment and the loan payment in the same month.

This morning, when I checked the articles on BahaiTeachings.org  . There was a new series called The Baha'i Model of Penology   focusing on The Most Holy Book. The first article is Baha’i Behavior: No Mere Code of Laws   by John Hatcher. I read the first article today, and will focus on reading the rest of the articles when they are published.

Footnotes
1  The Most Holy Book, p. 21.
2  Quoted in https://bahaiteachings.org/bahai-behavior-no-mere-code-laws.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960049-The-First-Sunday-in-June