*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960387-Saturday-Review-of-My-Article-Reading-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#960387 added June 8, 2019 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday Review of My Article Reading List
Jalál (Glory), 4 Núr (Light) 176 B.E. - Saturday, June 8, 2019

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen

In "Writing in Snow " Poem, Gratitude List, Aricle Series to Read, I listed four article series, on BahaiTeachings.crg  , that I started and want to finish. Last night, before going to sleep, I went to the beginning of the series Indigenous Messengers of God  , and read the first two articles. I read Native American Messengers of God   and Quetzalcoatl, the “Plumed Serpent”   both by Christopher Buck. Today I read article 41 Why Baha’is Respect Indigenous Sacred Traditions   by Christopher Buck and Kevin Locke. It's possible that I should have begun with the first article and read them in the order they were written. However, that isn't the way I beg reading them, so I will continue reading them in this way.



As a Baha'i I accept the common foundation of all religions, and that each religion was sent by God through a series of Divine Messengers or Manifestations. Some of the Manifestations of God that were known to me before beginning Indigenous Messengers of God   are Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Jesus, Muhammad, The Bab, and Baha'u'llah. Since starting to read this series I have discovered White Buffalo Calf Woman, Deganawida, Sweet Medicine, Lone Man, Breathmaker, Quetzalcoatl, and Viracocha. I'm looking forward to discovering other Indigenous Messengers of God.

"O God, Who art the Author of all Manifestations, the Source of all Sources, the Fountainhead of all Revelations, and the Wellspring of all Lights! I testify that by Thy Name the heaven of understanding hath been adorned, and the ocean of utterance hath surged, and the dispensations of Thy providence have been promulgated unto the followers of all religions."
Baha’u’llah1

In a passage from Gleanings From the Writings of Baha'u'llah (page 145), Baha'ullah tells us the God has sent Messengers to every nation and city on Earth. I take this includes the Indigenous Messengers of God. This is joyful news because it answers a question I ask when I was a child in a Southern Baptist Sunday School. I ask, "What about the people who were born before Christ? Will they go to heaven?" The teach never did give me a satisfying answer. I had to wait until I was an adult and discovered the scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah to get the answer.

Footnotes
1  Prayers and Meditations, pp. 59–60.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960387-Saturday-Review-of-My-Article-Reading-List