*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960507
Rated: XGC · Book · Horror/Scary · #2187629
Suitable refuse.
#960507 added June 10, 2019 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Smitten
Day 811
Wednesday 5:49 P.M.


Alice Hammond departed her vehicle and entered her home. Her dog, Benji, barked as she opened her door. Once inside, she kicked off her size seven black pumps by the door and walked to her small kitchenette. She poured a glass of wine and took a sip before slipping her bra out through her shirt. I couldn't imagine that it would be very comfortable, considering the small holes worn through it where the wire sticks out. She fed Benji a tin of beef and rice flavored dog chow, Dr.Gavin's organic all natural brand. She retired to the living room where she watched television, curled up on her small red couch, just as usual.

Day 811
Wednesday 7:32 P.M.


Alice fell asleep on the couch again. I love how perfect she looks when she's unconscious, her otherworldly beauty is so great, it's almost inhuman. While she slept, I sneaked in once again. Benji came up and sniffed me, I patted him on the head, he's used to my scent now.

Day 811
Wednesday 11:06 P.M.


She almost saw me. I leaned over her and smelled that sublime new cherry shampoo she'd put in her auburn sunset hair, when suddenly she woke up. Her breathless gasp made me think that a dream frightened her awake. Luckily, I was able to roll out of eyesight before she became completely lucid. When she used the restroom, I ran to her closet and peered into her bedroom through the slits in her white french doors. She slowly walked to the center of the room, slipped out of her grey pencil skirt and sat on the edge of her bed. When I thought she was going to slink her tan pantyhose down her smooth legs, like she normally does, she instead fell back and passed out atop the blankets. I know it's in my dossier to observe and not to meddle, although I couldn't possibly watch her freeze to death so I draped her caramel striped comforter over her.

Day 812
Thursday 6:29 A.M.


Alice woke up, laid out her jogging attire on her messy bed, and went to the rest room. I ran out and felt the fabric of her tight spandex bike shorts, they are wearing thin in places. She barely ever bought new clothing; if they'd let me, I'd shower her in as many as I could afford, as many new clothes as she'd like. Heck, I'd even settle for an actual meeting with her. Not that they'd allow that to ever happen. Although silly fantasies like this run through my head, I don't let them affect my profession. She's just another target, just like all the rest. Even if the mere sight of her makes it feel as though swarms of feral jackrabbits are swiftly circling around inside of my intestines, sporadically attempting to leap out of my abdomen with a painfully joyous excitement. Not that any of that matters anyway. I've been instructed that I am to enact her changes tomorrow.

Day 812
Thursday 8:03 A.M.


Alice hadn't returned from her jog and I grew worried. She had half an hour to leave for work and being late really isn't her style. I wondered if perhaps I should have gone out and found her. Covering her in a blanket was one thing, but my superiors would've definitely punished me if I left my post. Why do I feel this way about her? I've never felt this way about a human before, especially a target. Is this love or just obsessive lust? Right now, I feel that this is something more. This is fate.

Day 812
Thursday 10:16 A.M.


I did it. I left her house, took the form of a normal human male, and took off running down the street. For hours I ran, looking everywhere her scent trail led me.

Day 812
Thursday 2:47 P.M.


This isn't supposed to have happened like this. I found Alice Hammond lying dead under an Azalea bush at the edge of McGregor's Park. Someone caved the back of her head in with a large rock, brutally exposing her crushed skull as well as a causing her bloodied brain matter to leak out upon the green grass; they yanked both her shorts and undergarments down around her knees and forcefully violated her. What would drive someone to do something so heinous?

Day 813
Friday 4:22 A.M.


My mission was to enact her change an hour ago although for some reason I can't change back from this stupid human form. I'm still in the park with her body and I've tried changing back for hours now. Is this my superiors way of punishing me? By giving me the one thing I wished for after I've lost the one person I've ever had any feelings for? They aren't that cruel, are they?

Day 813
Friday 6:17 A.M.


I carried her body back to her house. Along the way, some folks kept staring at me. It doesn't matter though, because everything's failed. With no mission and no Alice in my life, I have no reason to live anymore anyway. Maybe now that I'm human, I can end it all and rejoin my beloved in the afterlife. Then again, my superiors live there, so I would most probably be safer here.

Day 814
Saturday 5:49 P.M.


Life is looking good. I've realized now that a life shared with even a dead Alice, is still a life together. Our love need not be spoiled by ethereal boundaries. We are together now, and that's all I care about. After I'd helped bathe her, I dressed her in her grey pencil skirt, her white blouse and her tanned pantyhose, and carried her out to the lounge room. Benji joined us on the couch to watch television. Hopefully later we can do those joyous things I've read about human couples doing. At this time however, I'm completely smitten by her overwhelming charm, and am content to just bask in her radiant presence. Mortality is the greatest punishment I've ever received.
© Copyright 2019 Laurie Razor (UN: laurie-razor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Laurie Razor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960507