*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960788-My-opinion
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2192351
A little of this and a little of that. Whatever (if anything) comes into my head.
#960788 added June 14, 2019 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
My opinion
I've often heard it said that "Opinions are like noses - everyone has one and thinks theirs is the best." Personally, I'm not very interested in opinions. Oh, they're OK in casual conversation as long as the conversation stays civil. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of civility around these days, at least not on social media or in the news.

I get a lot of my news from one of the online news sources and recently decided I was tired of seeing so many articles marked "opinion" so I changed my preferences to remove "opinion" articles. It worked refreshingly well that day, but the next day, the "opinion" articles reappeared and my preferences were back to including them. I've tried several times to remove them and they keep coming back. Now, I'm not really into all of the conspiracy theories, but I do wonder sometimes if it's just more profitable to get people stirred up by opinions.

I much prefer facts to opinions. I don't believe in a flat earth or alien invaders or even ghosts. I know there are plenty of people who do, but I just don't see any hard evidence to make things like those facts instead of opinions. Of course, I don't go around trying to convince anyone that their beliefs are wrong. I've tried that before and run into another old saying - "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's made up."

And those are the facts as I see them - which means, of course, that's my opinion!


© Copyright 2019 BlueJay (UN: bluejay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BlueJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960788-My-opinion