*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961007-Finally
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#961007 added June 18, 2019 at 4:53pm
Restrictions: None
Finally
I have finally handed over the job of treasurer of my writing group to another volunteer. I was beginning to think no one would ever want the position, and after five years I could understand why. Not that there was a whole lot of work to do, just the idea that I was tied to it all the time. Five years is long enough. It does seem strange not having to go the post office to pick up mail or to the bank to make deposits, and my emails have decreased with no "please reimburse me for blah blah." And now since I'm only doing the group's Facebook page and updating a few things on the website, I'm not even obligated to attend the monthly meetings. So happy and free.....

Free to devote more time to writing and art. My memoir has been on hold for a while now but with no excuses, I'm digging out all those pages and getting down to business. I joined another critique group to keep me answerable, believe me, it works. When you know someone or two or three are counting on seeing those new pages on a certain date, you make sure you are writing and ready. I never liked bookkeeping when it was my job, and I can't imagine why I volunteered in the first place. Up for a new beginning.

© Copyright 2019 Happy Earth Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Earth Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961007-Finally