*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961332-A-Consultation-with-Jessica-Garner
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Book · Occult · #2193834
A high school student finds a grimoire that shows how to make magical disguises.
#961332 added June 22, 2019 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
A Consultation with Jessica Garner
Previously: "A Consultation with Cindy Vredenburg

(Written by rugal b.)

You don't give any sort of positive or negative response to that. You simply tell Cindy that if she thinks Dorothy's a good idea then you'll keep her in mind. Cindy, after all, is the one who better has her finger on the pulse of the school's social scene than you do. She titters but agrees with your assessment and shortly thereafter the bell for first period rings.

In Walberg's class you're on the look out for Dorothy but only catch a glimpse of her as she comes in just before class starts and takes a seat clear on the other side of the room. She does give you a smile and a small wave when she sees you however.

"Hey, so what do you think of her?" you ask Caleb as you motion over to Dorothy. "Dorothy Harmon."

"I don't think," he shrugs. "She's cute I guess. Why?"

"Well, uh, do you know anything about her?"

"Nothing at all," he states. "Again, why?"

"Well I was hanging out in the library before class because... well, just because," you explain. "So she comes up to me and is being really flirty, like touching my leg and stuff. I guess I was with her at one point at the Warehouse."

At that Caleb's demeanor turns much frostier. "Uh huh, well do whatever," he says coolly. "If you want to ask her out then do it. It'll probably be better for you to actually have a girl."

"Dude, what the hell's your problem?" you demand. "You've been acting like an asshole pretty much from the moment we went out there."

Caleb turns to look at you but only shakes his head after a moment. "Nothing's wrong," he says flatly. "Nothing at all. Glad you're having fun."

* * * * *

The rest of the period goes as normal and though you don't get a chance to really talk to Dorothy she does give you a simple message, telling you that maybe you should meet up some time to continue where you left off. And that's when it hits you that this was the same Dorothy Harmon you were looking for Monday because the two of you had apparently made out at the Warehouse. And made out quite a bit.

Things have been such a whirl over the last few days that you can't make heads or tails of anything and details of that time at the Warehouse seem to come and go on a whim. At the same time you get a text from Jessica asking if you can skip second to meet her in the library and as it's only your Films as Literature class you acquiesce. There is a bit of irony you think, however, in the fact that it was an attempt to get extra credit in this class that helped start this whole thing.

"I guess I'm going to be making this place my home," you joke weakly as you take a seat across from her. You don't want to risk a repeat of the uncomfortableness from this morning.

"It's easiest to do it during our study halls," she says.

"And make me miss all my classes?"

"Are you missing anything important?" she asks.

"Well, it's just Hawkes' bullshit class this period and a nothing business planning class next," you tell her.

"That's good," she perks up, "because Eva's study hall is third period so it'd probably be a good idea to stay here. But we should probably get down to business. Did Keith help you any?"

"A little," you respond. "Amanda Ferguson and a few others were who he brought up. Jenny Ashton too."

"Jenny... yeah she'd be good for you I think," Jessica says but a light comes to her eyes.

You can't help but notice it yourself. "You've got your own ideas though?" you ask.

"Sure, a few," she says as she takes out her phone. You see her scrolling through and swiping and doing whatever until she seems happy. She passes the phone to you. "Alana Ocampo," she says, "she's a choir girl."

You see a girl, hispanic and pretty with long straight hair but a wearing a backwards camo ball cap. "She doesn't look like one," you say.

"Looks aren't everything, man," Jessica replies. "She's in a lot of the higher end classes. Real smart girl, real pretty. You'd like her."

From the way your partner's talking you can't help but wonder if it's Carlos that might like her. But you're smart enough to not actually voice that thought and instead go back to the phone. "Anyone else?" you ask as this Alana girl isn't particularly catching your interest.

"Go to the next one," she says and so you do. "Trina Murillo. She's dating Marcos Rivera from the soccer team."

"Okay," you say quickly beginning to lose interest. Yes, she's cute but... that's it?

"Well Marcos is, like, really tight with Marc. Jessica's brother," she says. "So if you're with the girl who's with one of Marc Garner's closest friends..."

Now that does give you pause as you can see where he's going. That would put you in good with this Marcos guy which puts you in good with Marc. He's handsome, athletic, smart and the dream guy of practically half the school's female population. So it's not so much that this Trina girl can help you herself but if you can angle into getting a guy like Marc to vouch for you then you'll be sitting higher than you ever were.

Absentmindedly you swipe again to see if there are any pictures of this girl and her boyfriend or hanging around Marc. "Who's this?" you ask as you look at a girl, looking like she could be either hispanic or Asian... maybe a mix. Maybe, vaguely, Filipino? She's pretty but in a very unpretentious way, dressed as she is in simple jeans and a dark tank top, bracelets adorning her wrist.

"Oh, Cristina Ramon," says Jessica as she takes the phone back from you. "Hangs around with the type of people that hang out at the Warehouse I guess. Seems nice."

You can tell from her tone that Jessica isn't as impressed with her as she is with the other two you saw and that's all but confirmed when she off-handedly throws out Victoria Rodriguez's name as a suggestion. That's a name you definitely wouldn't argue against and you ask if she'd be able to get her out to the studio if that's who you wanted.

"Sure," she answers. "It shouldn't be that hard."

But much as he might not be sold on this Cristina Ramon girl you're definitely intrigued. If your new popularity is going to mean spending more time at the Warehouse, having a beta that really knows the place and the types of people that regularly hang out there would be incredibly useful to you. So you make special note of her and mentally place her on a list.

* * * * *

It's as you're waiting for Eva to come into the library after second period ends that you observe some of the people who show up for this period of study hall. There's Kim Walsh and if anyone could help you out she could but getting her might be the actual problem so she doesn't go on your list. But one that has gone on there has shown up and you take the time to study Jenny closely when you nearly jump from a hand placed on your shoulder as you hear someone take a seat next to you.

"Wow, you're jumpy," giggles a girl, pretty with long, straight red hair. "You probably don't remember but I'm Mindy McAdams. We rode together out the Warehouse? Danced a bit while there/?"

The girl that was sitting on your lap when you were all crammed into that van. How could you forget that? "Yeah, I definitely remember you," you tell her.

She giggles again at that. "Glad to hear it," she says as she grabs your hand. "I really don't know how I'd missed you before now but you're definitely cute and I know we had some fun on Friday," she smiles. "I'd really like to get to know you a little better. You know, if we... oh jeez!"

"Hey, it's fine," you try to reassure her. "Uh, well, maybe we should get to know each other instead of just me talking about myself.'

"So you want me to talk about myself?" she asks but there's a warm smile when she dies. "Well, let's start by going back and forth."

So you do and Eva must be taking her sweet time because you're able to go around ten minutes with her. You wouldn't say she's the most interesting person ever but she's very earnest and easy to talk to and like yourself she stumbles a bit here and there but it's all very endearing and in fact serves to put you at ease. After things have dried out for a time though she says that she'd definitely like to get together some time before going and rejoining her friends sitting at another table; Audrey Briscoe and Rachel Bell as she points out.

So you're feeling pretty high on the hog when Eva finally strolls in and takes her own seat at the table. "You better thank me, Will," she says without so much as a proper greeting.

"For what?"

"I practically delivered Mindy right to you," she says.

"Delivered her? What do you mean?" you ask.

But Eva simply smirks. "She was definitely interested in you and I guess because we were all on in the same van on Friday and she knew you'd been talking to me she started asking me for help," she explains. "Figured that you might be interested in here though."

"As a beta?" you ask.

"As a... sure, if you want her as one. She'd probably be good for you," Eva says. "But I was thinking she might be better for you as a girlfriend."

Next: "A Consultation with Eva Garner


© Copyright 2019 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961332-A-Consultation-with-Jessica-Garner