*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961360-Weeds-writing-and-pasta
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#961360 added June 22, 2019 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
Weeds, writing, and pasta
Not much doing today. Pulled some weeds in my little garden area and tried to prop up my huge basil plant that was beaten down by all the rain. I don't think it will hold, too big with woody stems but it smells so good still. Mums continue to bloom and have changed color from a rusty red to bright yellow. They have now bloomed steadily since November, never had that happen before.

I have a couple writing critique group meetings next week, Monday and Wednesday. Monday has a "lunch before" at a local pizza place, and then on to a member's home for the writing part. I must do some writing for it, must put my seat in the seat and do it. Once I get started, I'm okay. It's the getting started part that's the clinker.

I made pasta with veggies for supper, so simple and so good. My secret ingredient is a few big splashes of balsamic vinaigrette when the veggies are almost done, then when that has cooked down, add some pasta water to scrape up the goodies from the bottom of the pan and make it a little saucy. Spoon the cooked pasta on top and turn off the heat. So good with veggies of your choice. I used a Japanese mix, diced onion, halved grape tomatoes, garlic, and some chopped up romaine on top, cooked just until it wilted.

© Copyright 2019 Happy Earth Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Earth Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961360-Weeds-writing-and-pasta