*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961503-Good-food-and-good-people
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#961503 added June 25, 2019 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
Good food and good people...
I enjoyed a nice get-together with some writing friends yesterday. Lunch included some delicious hummus with rosemary focaccia bread. I hardly ever eat bread so it was a real treat. Afterwards, at one of the friend's home, each of us read some of our writing. One guest, a gentleman of 80-something, had recently published a book about the suicide of his brother some 60 years ago, something he had kept inside himself for so long. He said the book was "releasing" and recommended writing about traumatic events especially events of which you might hold some guilt. I've read that before but never truly believed it. I wonder....

Anyway, I downloaded the Kindle version, Beyond Suicide: Conversations With My Brother   and started reading it last night. It's very difficult for me to write about certain things and I figure this must have been difficult for him to write about. Maybe it will give me some guidance... perhaps.

All the readings were interesting, everyone was friendly, and I'm thinking I will do it again next month.

© Copyright 2019 Happy 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961503-Good-food-and-good-people