*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961618-A-Cat-Story
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#961618 added June 27, 2019 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
A Cat Story
In your blog today, share something unexpected. Have you been surprised by someone or something recently?

Manx Cat from Japan “Meow” means “woof” in cat.”
George Carlin https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/cats
*Cat* *Cat2*


A Short Cat Story


When the lawn is mowed the view out my window looks like a park. Recently, my daughter brought me another cat. It was originally from a cat rescue and my granddaughter had it for awhile. It's a long haired ,startlingly deep black. It's the kind of black that makes you wonder if your looking at a apparition. It has pure green eyes the color of new grass in the spring.

My granddaughters tell a story about how someone in their family left a second story window open. According to them, this cat jumped out the window 20 feet to the ground without injuring itself.

My cats have cat door access to a window enclosed balcony. It's where I keep their cat boxes,and feed and water dishes. They sleep on the lawn furniture and watch squirrels run up and down the trees. the squirrels scream at the cats from the trees and sometimes from the roof of the house. Lots of cat toys to play with, so it's just a cat friendly place to be. This week I put in the screens so more summer breeze would hit the balcony.

Yesterday, I watched a black cat, fairly identical to the one who just moved in with us walk around in my back yard. Fearing the worst, I jumped up and ran up to the balcony to see how the cat got out. There he was upside down on the rug playing with our kitten who moved in last year. My relief turned to curiosity.

I guess there is a new cat in the neighborhood that I've never seen before. We often have cats from the neighborhood tromping and hunting in the yard, because we have so many chipmunks, baby rabbits, and red squirrels. It's still a little unusual. to see two cats so much alike when a couple weeks ago, there were none. I hope it wasn't dumped because it will starve to death.

Years ago people would see barns and dump cats and kittens. The local Anna Shelter started a branch and neutered cats for free if you got them vaccinated. The amount of cats around dropped drastically. I hope this situation is not renewing itself. Cats really can't take that good of care of themselves in the wild. They live extremely short, poor lives if someone is not putting out food for them.


*Cat**Cat2*










© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961618-A-Cat-Story