*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961924-Mystery
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#961924 added July 2, 2019 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Mystery
Write about something mysterious. Is the mystery ongoing, or has it been resolved?

owl for signature use Quote for today is from Goodreads:“কিন্তু মানুষের জীবনে এমন সব অদ্ভুদ ঘটনা ঘটে তা উপন্যাসে ঘটাতে গেলে পাঠকরা বিশ্বাস করতে চাইবে না, হেসেই উড়িয়ে দেবে।”
― Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay, চাঁদের পাহাড়


What this quote says is a mystery to me*ExclaimO*

Writing is a mystery


I started writing a story for a picture I saw in a Short Shots Contest awhile back. The facts of the character's actions just started rolling out. Then as usual, I was called away to do something else. So, the story did not get finished in time for the contest.

Since it is my characters who are working through another life story, I will use it as a chapter. I'm getting pretty familiar with the characters, what they would do to get out of the situation I put them in is a real mystery until I set down and write some more.

Another mystery to me is i think of this story every day. I think now I have to sit down and finish it just to find out the end? Maybe there isn't an end. Sure there's an end. Like reading any story, I just haven't found it yet.*Laugh*

I have literally left books in the middle of a story for a few months while I finish reading 3 or 4 other books then come back pick up the book I left and finish it.

My kindle paper white just updated. They want to put the books that are open in the cloud, if the book s say they are a certain percent read, because they can't figure out whether I read them or not and they are trying to separate the ones I read from the ones I'm reading. then I will have to go hunt them up and down load them again. I like being able to bounce back and forth between different types of stories. Fantasy one day, comedy to lighten the mood, or detectives to hunt for a solution.

Fiction is not like writing an article in a journalistic mode. In journalism you gather a lot of facts, zero in on something that needs told about a much larger subject. Gather specific facts about that one item inside a larger subject and write about it. You know the end because your facts are about it.

Fiction writing is fun because you create some characters then follow them around writing down what they do. It's just as entertaining as reading a book.

I've decided to open the story and keep it open so I'm faced with it every time I open the computer then I will just have to go find out what the characters did when I was away from my desk. *QuestionY*


Time to feed lunch to the critters. *Wolf* *Cat* *Bird*

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961924-Mystery