*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962032-Independence-Means
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#962032 added July 4, 2019 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Independence Means?
Write about independence.

There are so many different angles to take this prompt, I’m eager to see your creativity! *BurstR*


Manx Cat from Japan Quote: “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Ayn Rand
http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2015/the-most-empowering-inspirational-quote...

Independence One Day at a Time


https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/07/case-against-marriage/591973/...

From Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, "Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come."

I read a lot of journalistic books written about USA presidents, FBI, History etc. I'm beginning to believe national Independence depends on how much independence individuals feel, and that they experience in their every day lives. This observation came as I observed recent history of all kinds of nations around the world.

A lot of the riots and upheavals on the news are from people losing the ability to control peace vs. violence within societies.

Yesterday, I read an article about a women in New York City who has won a lot of awards for her news articles. When she turned 61 people started withdrawing their support of her ability to continue to report and be a part of the news scene. She brought the elderly worker problem to the attention of her superiors and they would not listen so, now she is suing in court.

A few years ago I saw a news show on PBS about how women cannot get jobs after they are in their 50's in the USA. Now we have the Me Too movement.

I see things that gave people independence like strikes for better pay in factories. For awhile, Labor Union breaking was a big deal, in factories because the workers were driving up prices with their demands.

I don't know the answers to a lot of the problems societies of the world are looking for, but I know more and more people are looking for answers. Migrations of peoples are not the answer. People need to stand, stay, and work toward real solutions within their own societies. War only releases some of the pressure, because so many people die.

Really there are a lot of social problems. It's difficult to see independence when bombs are destroying your neighborhood.

Real independence may be a myth. You have to cultivate independence with the way you approach your life. I'm not sure any of what I think today is very clear. So, Google found this definition for me:
"Being independent means being able to take care of your own needs and to make and assume responsibility for your decisions while considering both the people around you and your environment."

This is what I think about when I watch hundreds of people leaving their ancestral homes, to hunt for independence somewhere else.



Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne *Globe2*

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962032-Independence-Means