*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962083-Precognition-or-Dreams
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#962083 added July 5, 2019 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Precognition or Dreams
What did you dream about doing as an adult when you were little? Have you been able to achieve any of your childhood dreams? Share a fact about your life now that you never imagined would come true.

owl for signature use
Today's quote is from:https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/dreams

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death." Robert Fulghum


Dreams or Precognition


When I was small I wanted to ride horses. I thought Dale Evans was cool and I wanted to ride trigger. My bicycle was a horse until my teen years when with help from my dad I was able to start riding real horses.

My first riding experience happened while I was visiting a aunt. On a very hot humid summer day one of my male cousins threw me onto the back of a very large workhorse. (like a clydedale). The horse was loose in a pasture with other horses the same size and cattle. It promptly walked out into the middle of a pond with a lot of other large farm animals and stood there to keep the flys from biting. I was probably about. 2 feet tall and weighed about 20 lbs give or take a couple pounds. The farmer realized what he was seeing from the barn and came running out yelling. Of course he thought he was rescuing me from a possible death. I thought it was to bad he saw me and stopped the fun. I still believe the horse was as happy as I about the little girl who wanted a ride. The farmer yelled at my aunt, my aunt threatened to thrash her son. I had to promise to stay away from the horses and stay on our side of the road. *Laugh* Summer fun.

By the mid to end of the 60's I was married had two children and was showing on the A show circuit in Texas and riding cross country events. I owned a part thoroughbred part Quarter horse named Tweet Hornet. He was nearly as tall as the horse I sat on as a child but, of course more refined in his confirmation. Horses are every bit the amazing creatures written about in stories. They love people if people aren't cruel. They put up with a lot of human stupidity and will play tricks or take advantage of an inexperienced rider without malice. I believe the Shekinah always rode with me.

If you make a real friend and it happens to be 4 footed with a mane and a long tail it is not a sexual experience. There are some real creepy doctrines spouted by church people who simply need to meet up with some regular teaching including church history. Do they think God didn't know what he was doing when he created horses? This is part of the don't dance and don't watch movie's crew. Learn to think people. (e:rant) Enough about this.

I was given a Plastic Ukulele for Christmas one year. I don't play ukulele but in the 80's I learned to play classical guitar. I recently found a whole album of classical guitar music on Pandora. I don't play this well but it's fun to try.



I became a dog groomer to pay for my horse and guitar habits. I birthed 4 children who were healthy while they were in my home. I raised sheep, chickens, eggs, and dairy goats,and a garden to keep us fed.

I did not expect to be married twice. I did not expect to have 4 children. I did not expect people to be what they are to me. Life has a lot of twists and turns. You learn to endure or you die. Did all the interfering people in my life cause me to grow up? No. I'm still the introverted, book reading, animal lover I always was. The little girl who happily let Danny throw me up on the back of the giant horse still lives. *Cool*


Family nicknames for me = Pollyanna and Tweety Bird.P.S. My cousin Danny died in Florida in a motorcycle accident. Merit Badge in Golden Reader Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #2174465]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja



© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962083-Precognition-or-Dreams