*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962148-Saturday-Poem-and--Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#962148 added July 6, 2019 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday Poem and Gratitude List
Jalál (Glory), 12 Rahmat (Mercy) 176 B.E. - Saturday, July 6, 2019

My Grandfather's Word1

My Grandfather
had a word for it,
for the bitching,
the complaining,
and the grumbling under your breath.

It was mulligrubbing,
it wasn't ladylike,
it wasn't gentleman-like,
it was worrying aloud
and being rude
to disturb others
with your gripping.

Gratitude List For 12 Rahmat

Today I am thankful ...
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...for the fresh brewed coffee I had this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that the $10.68 from Survey Junkies hit my checking account today.
         *BulletV* ...for the breakfast pastry I had with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that the $15.00 from PayPal hit my checking account today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 147 points in my Survey Junkies account.
         *BulletV* ...that "Wind in the Valley of Fire won "Invalid Item.
         *BulletV* ...for the Arizona sweet ice tea I had with my lunch.
         *BulletV* ...that I have completed 25 poems of the 200 I am writing to celebrate the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Bab. Those poem are "1 Muharram 1235 AH, "Intoning the Prayer of The Bab, "The Great Trumpet Has Sounded, "Portal of Grace: To The Bab, "The Wayfarer's Journey Begins, "Who is The Bab?, "Declaration of The Bab, "Invocation to The Bab, "Morning Star: To The Bab, "Queen of Carme Mountainl: The Shrine of the Bab, "He Opened The Door: To The Bab, "Light of the Holy Spirit: To The Bab, "All-Sufficing Faith, "Mausoleum of The Bab: The Queen of Carmel, "Angels of Light Proclaim the Declaration of The Bab, "Rejoice! For This Is The Immortal Youth, "Letters of the Living, "Who is The Bab?, "Unshelfish Prayer, "The Martyrdom of The Bab, "Unfailing Protection, "Preparing The Heart, "The Connection: To The Bab, "Religion Renewed, and "Remover of Difficulties.




Footnotes
1  I posted this in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/07/my-grandfathers-word.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962148-Saturday-Poem-and--Gratitude-List