*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962242
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#962242 added July 7, 2019 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Really sick of apologizing for telling the truth?
Really sick of apologizing for telling the truth.
7.july.2019


I think this should be reworded...

Really sick of apologizing for telling MY truth.


Why? because you don't own the TRUTH.

Any Truth.

I've gone head-to-head with Christians over this because some think that they have the exclusive right to the Truth and have leave to crucify anyone who disagrees. That's so Old Testament... but many wouldn't get the pun.

Other religious faiths, agnostics and atheists have similar blind spots. The world isn't as black and white as many think. It's a world of nuances and shades of grey. Yes, that's harder to navigate; but, if your truth excludes me... we have a problem.

*Cherries*

A friend posted, "Really sick of apologizing for telling the truth." on facebook. I didn't reply because I know her and the mini-rant is most likely frustration with being misunderstood.

However, if you have a "truth' it's your truth based on your beliefs or observations or experience. Even if it's about yourself it may not be true in a larger sense.

And if it's a "truth" about others than it's prolly just an opinion... leave it like that.

There's a virtue called "Tact". Not practiced much these days. And yes, I do understand that many of us have had it with holding back. I'm a prime example. I many times forget to watch how I word things.

Like my rants about Christians.

*Cherries*

So I will reword what bothers me the most:

I do not like it when ______ say that I need to be like ______ and that if I don't I'm not worthy of being alive.

Fill in the blanks... Where/when I grew up the blanks were Catholics or Lutherans but mostly Germans. Very intolerant people. When I lived in Kansas and Oklahoma it tended to be German or Bible-belt Southern Christians (are you saved?). I still live in a very Christian Culture that hates people because they aren't Christian.

That's not my truth. My religious community doesn't hate you because you are of a different faith (individuals may struggle with that, but the faith is very clear on this point).

*Cherries*

And by-the-way, it's *Cherry* season...
572

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962242