*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962351-Its-in-the-way-that-you-use-it
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#962351 added July 9, 2019 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
It's in the way that you use it...
This morning I realized my browser's "bookmarks" bar was getting so crowded the Scrivener forum button had been forced off it. I rectified this by renaming the social media button "The Cacophony".

It fits, don't you think? Social "media" has played a heavy hand in the disintegration of our culture, because those who love strife find it a very useful tool for spreading the worst humanity has to offer, at lightning-fast speed.

I know it doesn't have to be that way; I use it myself mostly for staying in touch with family members and quickly contacting my gaming guild. It's also useful for keeping up with local news like severe weather or other important information. Social media is a tool. So is a hammer, but you can use a hammer to build a home for someone, or to bash out their brains. As Eric Clapton said, it's all in the way that you use it.

I know it would be pointless to try to convince everyone of this; it would be like trying to make them understand that reading is better for the mind than a steady diet of television. Better to just live according to what seems best for me, and use my time constructively when I'm not working or attending to life obligations.

The clock is always ticking.

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962351-Its-in-the-way-that-you-use-it