*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962367-In-The-News-Toxic-Waste
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#962367 added July 9, 2019 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
In The News: Toxic Waste
Fiḍál (Grace), 15 Rahmat (Mercy) 176 B.E. - Tuesday, July 9, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: July 9th - Respond to a current news story with your opinion. Share a link to the story if possible.

"Wealthy nations shipped toxic waste to Indonesia. Now Indonesia is sending it back"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/07/09/toxic-waste-hong-kong-france-ship...

It doesn't surprise me that wealthy nations are using poor nations as their dumping ground for hazardous and plastic waste. The U.S. France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Austria (just to name a few) appear to care about the planet, and apparently they do, as long as they can ship their toxic and hazardous waste to place like Indonesia. We, humanity, are living on a rock that orbits an insignificant star close to the edge of the Milky Way. Ocean water and air circulate around the planet, carrying waste and pollution from one nation to another.

Landfills, with toxic waste, in any part of the planet reveals our disrespect for the planet and for our fellow human beings. Part of the problem is lack of acceptance of the oneness of humanity, which is proven by the human genome. Another part of the problem is that wealthy nations, and many rich individuals, care only for the bottom line without considering how the rest of the world, especially the poor, are affected.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962367-In-The-News-Toxic-Waste