*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962403-Blogg-On
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#962403 added July 10, 2019 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Blogg On
What’s on your mind right now? Do you have any “brain worms” or current obsessions? If you didn’t have to blog right now, what would you be doing?

owl for signature use
*Cat2*

A Timeless quote from Goodreads:
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring


Blogging


First let me say I don't have to blog right now. I blog because I like the challenge of the prompts and the comments of the entries. If I wasn't blogging I would be reading and doing laundry.

The two young cats got a hold of some advertisements that came in yesterdays mail. Now, it's in little pieces on the floor. So, even though I'm blogging, I'm loading laundry now and then, I will read later, and I will vacuum up the paper and dog hair from yesterday.

The first hay is in the barn. K is off to his regular part time work so I'm having a slow day.


{{size:3.5}b}Obsession hmm let me look that up:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/obsession

Obsession definition: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

I've been working on mindfulness for a long time. It helps a lot if you have unresolved issues in your life. I believe most people have thoughts that are recurring. If you are trying to solve a problem or if you have been mentally assaulted by other people it is normal to rehash mentally how you could have avoided or changed some situation. Because of reading and learning about mindfulness I am more likely to walk away from troublesome thoughts or accept them as something unsolvable and move on with my day.

Screaming is a physical exercise. *Laugh* Lots of issues that come up here are brought about by people meddling in my life. Sometimes, if they can't get you to live their way they just want to disturb you so it makes others feel accomplished if you scream. *Laugh*

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!Mindfulness does work but like changing your eating habits you have to actually do it to make a difference in your life.

I use to teach riding to people who owned horses by going to their own barns and giving the lessons. The point was they could have something to practice each week between lessons and they would be training their own horse. Doing their practice on their own mount. You would be surprised how many put the horse away and never practiced at all. If I asked, How did your practice go this week? The answers were-I was busy, or I forgot to work the horse, or I did not get it done so I'm not really ready for new information. Sometimes, I would be exasperated and wonder why they expected me to show up and give them a lesson. Then I realized there was more to the situation. So, I gave the same lessons over and over encouraged them to practice and moved on to the next student.

Mindfulness teaches you to look at your own thought patterns. If you want to read today and catch yourself saying, I ought to read that book today. No, pick up the book read one chapter than do the dishes or laundry or lift weights. Pretty soon you won't have time for thinking up ways to trip up the kid that threw the rock through you window. You'll you will read one more chapter of that book or write one more paragraph of the blog then fix the window and do whatever comes next. One day you will say wow I'm getting so much done. Guess I'll take a day off and go on a picnic, walk the dog, play a game on your kindle? I deserve a day off, Yes I do.

Eating habits work the same way. Don't say I just never seem to get new habits. Look up vegetables and how they taste. Look at what kind of flavors you like? Buy a tomato cut it up put some dressing that you like and eat it.

One day I accidentally spilled some cinnamon on the green beans on my plate. Green beans = yuck in my book. Wow, they taste good with cinnamon on them. Another thing I found out about green beans is you can crush them add them to a pot of chili. Wow. you can't even taste the flavor of the green beans over the chili sauce. So, now I have a lot of different ways to eat green beans that don't turn me green. Mindfulness works if you practice it.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne Obsess On! / I'm going to vacuum up the paper now hmm maybe the cat too. *Laugh* This cat helped me change sheets on the bed this morning. She wouldn't get out from under the bottom fitted sheet so, I made the bed on top of her. When I was finished there was a big cat lump in the bed. She has been a very busy kitty today. When she takes her afternoon nap I will read a book.


© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962403-Blogg-On