*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962515-To-the-Forest
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#962515 added July 12, 2019 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
To the Forest
"Ready," Little Bat said stretching her wings.

"Alright, let's go. To the forest to gather some red fruit," Dan said.

Little Bat followed her mother over to a group of trees near the rocks. Then she flew down to the ground to find the red fruit. Most of the red fruit turned out to be picked over on the ground. Little Bat found only a few. Her mother continued to fill her basket up with the fruit that is just turning red.

"Maybe daddy has found a good spot. We can go over and check it out," Little Bat said.

"Good idea. Most of these red fruit are either eaten or turning too ripe," Alicia said.

They flew toward the lake over the trees. Soon they made it to the lake and heard Dan and Jake searching for red fruit. Little Bat caught a glimpse of Dan flying around a tree and called for her mother to come. It turned out they were having just as much luck as they were.

"Maybe the trees by the beach will have more. We found a few as well, but not enough," Dan said.

"To the beach we go then," Little Bat said.

The family flew away from the lake toward the beach. The forest is fairly large and they could sometimes see an owl flying by searching for food. Then they neared the beach. As they neared the beach they saw a group of fruit trees and flew down to the forest floor. These trees had plenty of red fruit to pick from and each of them filled up their baskets.

"Time to head to the coastline on the opposite side of this island. Let our vacation begin," Dan said.

"Hooray!" Little Bat and Jack shouted.

"Now, be quiet or the owls might hear us. Up in the air, we have a forest to travel through," Alicia said.

Each of them flew up into the air. Then the family followed the edge of the island over to the coastline Dan spoke of. Seagulls were fast asleep. Then they went out over the trees. The edge of the coastline neared. Soon Dan led the family directly to the coastline where rocks jutted out over the water.

"Here we'll sleep tonight. Then our next flight will be over the ocean. Prepare for a very long flight," Alicia said.

"Okay mommy. I'll rest up," Little Bat said.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962515-To-the-Forest