*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962611-Whatever-it-takes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2094067
Challenges and activities
#962611 added July 14, 2019 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
Whatever it takes
She looked at her kitchen sink. Here we go again!
For two weeks now she was procrastinating like hell; something inside her just refused to do the dishes. And it wasn’t the first time this month either!

What’s wrong with me, you dirty slug?
Why am I not doing my chores like everybody else?


Every five minutes when passing her kitchen door she made that hand gesture wishing her dishes away, and every time she looked they were still there: dishes, cutleries, coffee cups, glasses, and whatnot. Dirty, dirty, dirty!
She just wasn’t up to the task and she loathed herself for it.

As the writer she was, she took up the challenge to write a horror story for Screams!!! at Writing.com that day. In a whim, the story took her 15 minutes. When she saw the competition she knew she had no chance of winning, but entered anyway.

That afternoon she watched the Men’s Final at Wimbledon as well and saw Novak Djokovic win from Roger Federer. Halfway through the fifth match when it was 4-4, she made a bet: when Roger wins I do my dishes!

Alas, After a tiebreak Djokovic won the championship, so she was off the hook. The dishes stayed where they were.

Passing the kitchen door she made that gesture again with her hands, sat down at her computer and logged onto the site.

Lo, and behold…she’d won today’s Screams!!!

No more excuses, kitchen, here I come!

For the next two hours, she was busy doing her chores. Finally!


WC: 256

Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon




© Copyright 2019 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962611-Whatever-it-takes