*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962689-Coastline-to-Coastline
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#962689 added July 15, 2019 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Coastline to Coastline
"Ready for takeoff?" Dan asked.

"Ready as can be. I hope my wings don't get sore from flying," Little Bat said.

"I'm ready," Jake said.

"Okay let's go. Be careful not to drop your basket of red fruit. We'll need them to eat during vacation," Alicia said.

The family lifted off from where they were along the coast. The waves grew taller and taller as they flew higher above the water. Then a fin stuck out on the surface of the water. It appeared to move back and forth as in searching for food.

"Look there, what's that sticking out of the water moving around?" Little Bat asked.

"Oh dear it's a shark. Must be looking for food," Dan said.

"Can I speak to them?" Jake asked.

"No, sharks stay under water. They don't go out from the water except to eat. We have a long flight ahead of us too," Alicia replied.

"Aww, okay," Jake said.

"I heard sharks can be dangerous," Little Bat said.

"That's right," Dan said.

They continued flying until the island they left disappeared. Little Bat admired how big the ocean really is. They continued flying until a dark, vast shape appeared overhead. Curious, Little Bat asked what was sticking out of the water. It stretched out as far to the left and to the right as she could look.

"That's the main land. We are almost there. Plants and animals are different on the main land compared to the island we live in. In fact there won't be any fruit to hunt down and eat while we are at the main land," Dan said.

"I'm hungry. Can we stop and eat?" Little Bat asked.

"We're almost to the main land. Just wait until we get there. I'm feeling hungry as well," Alicia said.

The family continued to fly until the rocks came into detail. They found an empty seagull nest to land. As soon as they landed Little Bat dove into the basket for red fruit to eat. The fruit tasted sweet and savory in her mouth. Just the way she liked it. Then the family fell asleep and slept until next evening. Clouds helped the family sleep well.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962689-Coastline-to-Coastline