*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962725-Goin-To-The-Pictures
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#962725 added July 16, 2019 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Goin To The Pictures
Today, let’s talk movies. What was the most recent movie you watched? Have you been to the theater recently? What movie are you looking forward to? What is your favorite movie of all time?

*Owl1* signature dancing owl *CupO*

Quote from Black Panther: “How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved." —Shuri https://bookriot.com/2018/03/27/black-panther-quotes/

We watch a couple movies from Netflix at home a week. The most recent movie that we liked was Detectors which isn't really a movie but is an English series about the members of a club that uses metal detectors to hunt for buried treasure in local fields near their homes. It is comedic and adventurous. Some times we get hold of low budget junk. *Crazy* We often like English series about detectives.

The last movie I saw in a theater was "The Last Jedi." I will watch Star Wars when I can it's just adventurous. The characters are always up against astonishing odds and they find astonishing ways to take down the evil and make the world better.

Until Star Wars came along I was a fan of Star Trek. We watched it on TV. Then the movies came out. I haven't kept up with the movies because we don't live close to a theater. So, I could watch them on Netflix but K isn't a fan of fantasy or science fiction and I don't like to much gore or nightmare quality films. So, I look for movies that we both might enjoy. He gets some of his favorite themes I get some of mine.

As a Christian I was a fan of "The Case For Christ." I read the book and the movie was interesting. Really you don't have to be a Christian to read "The Book of Strange New Things." I would like to see an effort to make this into a movie. It is a popular story and is adventurous. It treats some thoughts about what will be found if we ever contact another type of species on their own planet.

I liked Mars. I read the book then had to see the movie which we were able to watch at home. I really believe Humans may go to space and colonize new planets.

I liked Avatar. I hope the second one will be as good. I will look for the next Star Wars about Jedi's that is coming out December of 2019, "The Rise of Skywalker."

I guess I don't have a favorite movie of all time. I think if I see one that makes me excited it will be the new favorite. My introduction to "To Kill a Mockingbird," was a movie. I saw the movie before I read this favorite by Harper Lee. It is an unforgettable story.

So, in that frame of mind, the last movie I saw at home that really interested me with great characters, wisdom, and intense, independent women was Black Panther. I thought the cast and producers did a great job of showing off what the world should really be looking toward, a technological society that is progressive and peaceful.

*Wind* Wind Blows,
Movies flow,
Hearts grow.













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962725-Goin-To-The-Pictures