*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962768-Start--declaratively-and-unapologetically-in-the-middle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#962768 added July 18, 2019 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
Start declaratively and unapologetically in the middle
Saw the indie movie, Yesterday, for a second time last night. Of course, mashing Ed Sheeran music in with so many Beatles hits makes it sweet for the ears and body. The struggle of the main character, Jack Malik, brings it to the Everyman level needed without overcomplicating. And luckily, the movie, as a whole, doesn't fall into an assessment like the one delivered by the critical L.A. manager, describing one of Jack"s songs as, "Not so bad that I hate it, but not interesting enough for me to want to hear it again to figure why," since I know some critics wanted to pan this movie that viciously.

Decided to write this morning because I could not have told you how long ago I had written into the blog, and a straight forward message of the story is to move ahead in life, using your gifts, no matter what. Seeing that four months had gone by since my last post, I can recall that some significant things have kept me from here: I styled a 4 week course then ran it in May, Was taking time off work to assist my dad while his health and mobility were compromised. Tried sorting through some collections to sell, but much coming up rubbish, and not getting steady help to minimize in case we had to initiate any move, since the rent keeps outstripping the income. And finally, facing the family's loss of mom's second husband recently at 89 years old.

So, yeah, quite a first half of the year.

And what works in screenplays as well as in songwriting? Starting the action in the middle of the narrative. It's what Speilberg and Lucas famously presented time after time. And I realize it is even part of the genius of Lennon and McCartney songs. Consider these openers:"Help, I need somebody."

© Copyright 2019 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962768-Start--declaratively-and-unapologetically-in-the-middle