*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962838-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#962838 added July 19, 2019 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Plans
Okay, I think I’ve tortured you enough this week *Rolling* Today, the prompt is a little simpler *Wink*

What are your weekend plans? If this weekend isn’t noteworthy, share your plans for an upcoming weekend or a past weekend that is worth writing about.




So now I'm painted into the corner of having to admit that I don't do anything on weekends? How is that not further torture?

I'm aware that there is this time period called the "weekend." I know this because I have to keep track of it so I don't have to deal with the hordes of people on the roads and at events during that time. Apart from that, Saturday and Sunday are just ordinary days for me.

I've heard that some single people go out on "dates" on the "weekend." Dimly, I recall doing that occasionally. The mere thought makes me want to stay home.

I've also heard that some people deliberately go outdoors in that time period, perhaps even to places that don't have electricity and/or an internet connection. As far as I can tell, those people are of different species than me.

So my weekend plans are thus: Play video games, watch some streaming service, blog here, write something for "I Write in 2019 [E], and do next week's Comedy newsletter. Perhaps the subject of that one will have to be weekends.

I do have a minor trip planned; I need a vacation from doing nothing productive at home so that I can do nothing productive in Las Vegas instead. But that'll be in about a month. Technically, it will start on a weekend, as I'm leaving on a Saturday, but I'm going to be there most of a week.

What I really want to do is another road trip, but that's going to have to wait; my main focus right now is on losing weight, and the purpose of traveling is to find nice places to eat food and drink alcohol, neither of which furthers my goal. This applies to Vegas as well, but the timeframe is more limited.

Someday I might live an interesting life again. That day is not Saturday. Or Sunday.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962838-Plans