*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962845
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#962845 added July 19, 2019 at 2:50am
Restrictions: None
A late night infomercial / insomnia
The commercials were what kept me calm. Watching those late night infomercials, it was almost like listening to a friend. The host would talk to me, all the pretty things they would offer me, for the right price, of course. I sat perched on the edge of my chair staring at the screen.

###

Insomnia never just greeted me; it punched me square in the face. I stared at the bedroom ceiling, watching the shadows dance across it. I couldn’t take it anymore; I could not lay on my bed just staring. Rolling out of bed I found my shoes under the bed and pulled them on and grabbed my jacket from the back of my chair as I walked through the lounge room to the front door. As I pulled it on and zipped it up I checked the pockets to make sure my cigarettes, lighter and keys were still in them. I slipped out the door and pulled it closed behind me. The brisk night air greeted me and I sighed, wandering up the driveway to the road. The apartment block was silent, my neighbours were all asleep, their windows dark. I stopped for a moment to light my cigarette as a car drove past me. I could hear the music rattling the windows of the car.
© Copyright 2019 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962845