*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963270-The-Fifth-Column-of-Foreign-Influence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#963270 added July 27, 2019 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
The Fifth Column of Foreign Influence
We know that during the Obama Administration the Democrats weaponized the instruments of power, tools given them to govern the country and used them against their political enemies. Two examples are Susan Rice, leaking intelligence information on Mike Flynn and Lois Lerner, using the IRS to shut down the applications of opposing groups applying for tax exemptions under the law. Many Democrats, cynically signed up for the notion, "What good is political power if you can't use it against your enemies?

The abuses practiced by the Democrats led directly to their losing the 2016 elections, when the Republicans swept the Presidency, House and Senate. Now, one would think that after suffering the crushing defeat that they brought upon themselves that the Democrats would step back and consider the error of their ways. Hmmm, maybe abusing the tools of government is not such a good idea.. Unfortunately, even though they got a healthy dose of reality, the reasons for it have not sunk in. They continue to abuse such power, as they have left, to punish their political opponents.

This was evidenced in the launch of the Mueller Probe, confirmation hearings of recent Supreme Court Justices, and right up to the present. Every time they think they're being sly, it blows up in their faces... but undeterred they rush on once more, oblivious to the consequences, and double down. Despite the outcome of Mueller Report, where the Democratic operatives who wrote it, found no grounds for collusion or obstruction they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. The latest ploy is to use their remaining power in the House to attack the President and his family. Elijah Cummings is using the power of his committee to drag Trump family members before the court of public opinion, on cell phone abuse. Chairman's Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff have been abusing their powers to prove the President a traitor. Pause and imagine that for a moment...President Trump a "Traitor." If anyone is a traitor to the United States its these corrupt power brokers of the Democratic Party. They hide behind the facade of only carrying out their oversight responsibilities but the American people can see what is going on. How can they miss it, the tactics are so over the top that even a low information voter can see what's happening. So why do they keep doubling down on stupidity and continuing a course that makes them look bad in the public eye?

The reason is the Democrats are bought and paid for by offshore interests. If anyone can see where their actions are leading its these experienced Democratic politicians, however pressure is being brought to bear to get them to do things that can only lead to defeat. The off shore money doesn't understand how things work in the United States. They might understand how it works in Europe or Asia or third world countries, but when they apply those tactics to the USA they simply don't work. I'm sure that the top leaders of the Democratic Party see the error of their ways and where this strategy is leading but they are unable to convince the off shore money to deviate from the playbook. If the Democrats keep it up they will face a crushing defeat in 2020. Still, those pulling the strings continue their heavy handed ways. I suspect this isn't going to stop until the media is totally without credibility and the American Public realizes that the greatest threat we face is from a fifth column of foreigners.

© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963270-The-Fifth-Column-of-Foreign-Influence