*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963313-Camping-Out-or-Staying-Home
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#963313 added July 28, 2019 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Camping Out or Staying Home
What does “vacation” mean to you? Alone time or time with friends and family? Staying close to home or traveling far afield? Spendy or thrifty?

signature dancing owlA vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” Earl Wilson https://worldonawhim.com/vacation-quotes-travel-quotes/

VACATION?



I never take a vacation. Years ago we participated as a family in church organized field camp outs. Some group organized nondenominational family oriented meetings for 100's of people. We camped in tents and had choices of speakers and Christian bands for entertainment. It was a week long trip. The 70's. The group that organized the event eventually went bankrupt and that put a stop to the camp outs.

My family went to one of these two different years. That is the last time we went camping.

I like to camp. Tents are kind of fun to spend some time in. Only now if I really camped in a tent I would want a air mattress under my sleeping bag.

There was a news segment one time about a couple of elderly ladies that biked to different places in summer and camped. They had a trailer they hauled with their supplies. It looked like fun. They set up their own tents in what ever park they were in and spent time hiking and biking on the provided trails.

There are movies about camping on the Adirondack Trail. That looks like fun too.

If it was me I would load up a bunch of books on my kindle. Make portable solar part of my kit. Set up a sleeping tent and a dining tent. of course, tents that are water proof. Take a bike so I could spend some time riding trails. I like to hike but I prefer bike riding. I'm sure it would be nice to just sit around for a few days doing nothing. I would probably have to take my dog for company. Camping means coming in contact with new people and sharing stories with people from different places. Seeing different sites. Exploring different social aspects of life.

The last few years I looked forward to vacationing online in August. Since we are always at home the 30-Day-Challenge in August has been like a vacation. We go all over the world and learn how to travel. Some of the things I have learned: What equipment is new in camping gear, how Europe has grown and adjusted since WWII, wonderful sites and social aspects of Australia, and good things about South America, even though many countries down there are having political and economic problems. It gave me historical reality about the world since the year 2000. Plus, I learned about Lynn's fabulous flying vehicle. I even bought a real green summer dress like one I saw on one of the trips but, I never wear it.

In reality, Wednesdays are my day off right now. Sundays are suppose to be and I try to slow down on Saturdays. But, K likes to find things for me to do those days, so when he goes to work on Wednesdays I use it whatever way I want. Wednesday is my sane day. Sometimes I tackle jobs he doesn't care whether they ever get done and sometimes I just read or write. It's just a day to do whatever I decide to do. So, it feels kind of vacationee.

I'm not spendthrift oriented but, I would like good camp equipment. I would not have to go to far afield to find camp grounds and state parks with trails to visit. It would be nice to share the adventure with a human friend but, gave that up some years ago. Plus it doesn't do any good to plan such a life because I keep pets who need attention and I don't think I could afford a sitter or find a trust worthy sitter for my 4 legged crew. I don't long to go out any more than I do. There is a lot to keep me busy at home and entertainment isn't to far away when squirrels bounce off the roof every day.

Some one came in here one day to deliver a horse many years ago. He looked around and said, This is just like a park. My park wasn't getting mowed the last few weeks and it was badly in need of mowing so I mowed two days this week while the kids hayed. It looks more inviting outside now. Easier to take dog walks too. *Dog2* *Smile* Stay Happy. Stay Sane.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for joining me on another August adventure. Hope you join me for the book signing tour next August. *^*Heart*^*





© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963313-Camping-Out-or-Staying-Home