*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963332-September-30-2019-Fantasy-Newsletter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#963332 added October 2, 2019 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
September 30, 2019 Fantasy Newsletter
Editor's Picks

1. Humanities Retribution
2. Expectation
3. World's Fate
4. Xiaon G12: Core Element
5. Loving Ways
6. The Final Visit
7. FSFS Application Form
8.
9.

Heading 1

Preparing for NaNoWriMo

Heading 2

Do you plan your novel?

Hook

Are you planning your NaNoWriMo novel in October?

About This Newsletter

Happy October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge

Letter From the Editor

Are you the type of writer who plans their novel? Or are you, the writer who sets down at the keyboard, opens a document, and begins to write? I have taken both approaches, and I have to admit that I like the second method, which probably isn't the best way to approach a novel. Planning a novel, having some idea of the antagonist, and knowing the direction the plot is taking is a good idea. It helps keep you focused, even when the characters appear to have a mind of their own and attempt to take the novel in a different direction.

There are numerous tools for planning a novel. If you do an online search you will find character worksheets, advice on plotting a novel, and suggestions for outline the novel. Here on writing.com "October Novel Prep Challenge has daily exercises to assist in character development, plotting, and other aspects of novel writing. I have tried downloading and printing character worksheets, and found them helpful. In the past, I have participated in "October Novel Prep Challenge and found it helpful. In fact, I like the October Prep Challenge better than anything else because of the daily exercises.

One problem I have, when planning a novel, is checking my plan each day I am writing the novel. It is important not to get so involved in the novel writing process that you forget the check your outline and the character development exercises. It is also a good idea to check your research notes during the novel writing process. The research you did is important to the novel, and it will help no matter what genre of novel you are writing.


Editors Picks

 Humanities Retribution  (13+)
The earth is dying, we flee her. The stars call us, we heed them.
#2199606 by Jordan

Excerpt: She lived in harmony,
         Earth before humans.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2200007 by Not Available.

Excerpt: The captain used his night vision visor to check ahead of them. Night maneuvers were challenging even with the latest technology. He saw a sand hill coming up, and signaled for the men to be extra-alert.

 World's Fate  (18+)
Contest Entry
#2200293 by Octavius

Excerpt: As men of science, we always adhered to facts, considered details in the decisions we make and studied to solve problems here on the UMD77. Distance, gravitational pull, the atmospheric pressure-every single factor was calculated down to the decimal point. For the past 30 years, I have proudly served as a counselor on board this ship. Although calculations brought us far, nothing prepared us for that fateful day.

 Xiaon G12: Core Element  (13+)
Maverick alien bounty hunter G12 travels to an uncharted planet to locate a rogue agent.
#2200357 by Paul BENTHAM

Excerpt: The air was humid and dusty, and the nearest sun shone brightly on the planet Ramduan. The market place of Vickelli square was filled with locals buying a variety of goods, such as cakes, bread, and vegetables.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2200580 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Henry Tubury hated cats. They made his skin itch, his nose clog up, and his eyes water. He was allergic to them. Worse yet, he couldn’t stand their sneaky, silent ways.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2170652 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Oh just sit down and stop making such a fuss. There really is no use. You’re been running long enough. Mind if I smoke? I know I’ve got a pipe here somewhere. Ah there it is. I would recommend not reaching for that poker. You’ll find it really won’t do much good. Remember that time you tried to run me over? You got a rude awakening that time didn’t you? I did have a good laugh over that one though. The look on your face was priceless.

Activities, Groups, and Contests

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2016890 by Not Available.


FORUM
October Novel Prep Challenge  (13+)
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
#1474311 by Brandiwyn🎶




Beholden writes: It's thanking time again! This time for choosing my story Pie as one of the Editor's Picks. There may be wormholes in the story but it's a lot of fun, I assure you. *Wink*

BIG BAD WOLF is hopping writes: There's always some sort of celebration.

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963332-September-30-2019-Fantasy-Newsletter