*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963456
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2178926
Lots of creative pursuits in 2019.
#963456 added October 14, 2019 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Takedown
I stared at the evidence. Everything we had worked so hard to find. It all hinged on getting in to the offices of Sherman Robotics. I heard familiar footsteps behind me, but didn't turn as I said, "Do you have a warrant? Please tell me Judge Flax issued one?"

"He did." came the dry reply. "I've already ordered SWAT to be at the ready, just in case."

I blew out a breath. Things were coming together.

"You ready for this?' my partner asked, his voice laced with only a touch of concern.

It was that question that reminded me that my shoulder was still throbbing. I shifted to ease the discomfort and turned to give Ross a steady gaze. "I'll be fine. "

He pressed his lips together and nodded. He knew it was useless to argue. We needed this final key of evidence to bring Jackson Sherman to his knees. His future in robotic development was done. All we had to do was access his hard drives. The ones he secreted off behind locked doors. Doors that would now be opened to us. Thanks to Flax's warrant.

We would have his all his files and the prototypes of his developments. If we were lucky, we would also find proof of Sherman’s involvement in Derek Frank’s death. My gut told me he was involved and I had a feeling he had engineered the killing using one of his own androids.

The takedown went smoothly. By the time the sun went down Jackson Sherman was locked behind bars and his androids were being checked for anything linking them to Frank’s death.

“Lieutenant. Forensic evidence confirms the android was in the area Frank’s body was discovered. There is also DNA evidence for both men on the android.”
“Good work team.”

Words = 298.


Daily Flash Fiction

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2019 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963456