*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963517-The-Countryside
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#963517 added July 31, 2019 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Countryside
"Where are we going now?" Little Bat asked when they finished eating.

"To the country. It's outside the city and inhabited by human beings. There they grow fields of different plants. Some people have animals on their farm," Dan replied.

"Oh I can't wait to see the country side. This will be an adventure," Little Bat said.

"Time to head out of the city now. We shouldn't wait too long. Our supply of food will run low," Alicia said.

"Ready," Jake said excitedly.

The family left the building they perched on and headed away from the city. Soon trees could be seen hiding the houses from sight. They continued flying until they could see some breaks where the fields began. Little Bat decided to fly down to view a field closer. The further she flew the bigger the field became. Then she met a grasshopper flying from one plant to the other. She followed the grasshopper until it landed on one of the plants in the field.

"Good evening. I'm Little Bat. Who are you?" Little Bat introduced herself.

"Clicky. I'm a grasshopper. These plants are delicious to eat. Want to try some?" Clicky responded.

"No thanks. I'm on a vacation with my family. Is this the country?"

"Yes it is. I'm used to living out in the country. Got to watch out for birds and other animals that might have me for dinner."

"That's not a problem. Well, I better fly back to my family now. Good to meet you."

"Good to meet you too Little Bat. Have fun with your vacation."

Little Bat flew back to her family. Excited, she told them everything about meeting Clicky. Then they continued on as the vacation continued. There were no fruit trees in sight. They saw field after field with trees in between. The country seemed to spread as far as they could see. Soon they lost sight of the skyscrapers in the city.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963517-The-Countryside