*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963821-Aug-6th-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#963821 added August 6, 2019 at 5:59pm
Restrictions: None
Aug 6th, 2019

In my last post mentioned the manuscript I was asked to edit. I went through most of the middle of her book to the end and pointed out the POV issues.  When we sat and went over all the problems I sent her a chapter by chapter layout of what her book might look like.
She looked at my suggestions then adjusted to fit her vision. She let go of a lot of the story points she told me she wanted to keep. She insisted I do her rewrite and she's paid me to do them.
I started the 2nd rewrite and this was my first go on chapter 1-5.  It took me three hours to read, edit and write those first two chapters.
She is still wanting me to continue to write. It's like writing a novel all over. I haven't had time to work on the second lady's novel yet. I have to work at my regular job then go home and sit at a computer again writing.  Some days I just don't want to sit there.
I need to set up time to rewrite and time to have for myself. 
The fact she wants this done at the end of the month is a lot of pressure to write. Now she isn't putting the hammer down, but is strongly suggesting that she'd like it done.
I don't think she realizes that even when I'm done with it, she's going to have go through it and edit it for grammar. 
There is also the fact she might want some of it changed.  I already had to add a portion to the beginning because it just wasn't working.
Enough complaining for now. I need to get back to writing.


© Copyright 2019 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963821-Aug-6th-2019