*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963986-Honoring-Someone-Very-Special
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#963986 added October 21, 2019 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Honoring Someone Very Special
Today, I'd like to take a few moments to recognize someone who is very special to me. He has honored his country for 20 years, serving her with strength and courage. He and his family have been on several moves and deployments, including Germany. Today, my son retires from the United States Air Force.

A celebration of my son's retirement from USAF


I have watched him in all stages of his life. From his birth, kindergarten, grade school and high school. He even attended MSU and BU receiving his degree in (durn I should remember this, but can't at the moment.) He then attended Officer's school in Alabama, receiving his admission into flight school and from there becoming a Trainer and Pilot. He has had a number of positions and duties.

Today, when I look at you I still see that 5 years old at the airshow at Edwards AF base. Climbing up the steps to the C130, you climbed up into the pilot seat and look out the window to wave at me. The smile on your face should have told me what was in your future. That one day you would fly a C130J. But, when you were 6 you had decided to be a cardiologist until you went off to college. Far from a pilot in the Air Force, huh.

I've seen the highs and lows, and the sacrifices that you and your family have done for your country throughout the years. You bring the strength and courage to being a Warrior. The love and comfort of a husband, father, and son. I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. Today we celebrate you and your career. Here is to your future as a Commercial Pilot. I know that you will be outstanding in it as you were in the Air Force. Thank you so much for your service and the sacrifices that you and the girls made. I know that it made all of you stronger together. I love you all so much.

My beautiful signature
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2019 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963986-Honoring-Someone-Very-Special