*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964443-Time-does-fly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#964443 added August 19, 2019 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
Time does fly!
Almost two months have gone by like lightning! I ended up taking my daughter clothes shopping for her birthday, and she did finally let me buy her a few things. She hates to go clothes shopping about as much as I do. I would compare it to Chinese water torture...unfavorably.

And our new treasurer is slowly getting the hang of things with members now going to her for answers to questions. Happily, she is holding her ground when there is any conflict. That takes a little practice for a newbie to be comfortable disagreeing with an "old-timer", but she is doing very well. So all is working out.

One of my granddaughters graduated from NFL University (so proud of her) and is now looking for employment in the health sector. She should find something soon but she is a little picky. I guess that's a good thing since there are more jobs than applicants right now.

I went to a library workshop on mushroom identification (5 Tuesdays in July), and learned a whole lot about fungi. Now I'm looking everywhere for shrooms (not the magic kind) to test my abilities. Today my neighbor's front yard across the street is filled with fairy rings (usually poisonous or at least not eatable). It has been raining here daily for at least 40 days and 40 nights so the fungus is among us! The last one I found was a ganoderma, not eatable but very pretty. They appear to be shellacked and grow on oaks usually. They are polypores (no gills) and are related to the reishi mushroom purported to have super health benefits. I think you can drink a tea made from them, but, no, not for me.

And some very sad news, one of my nephews (by marriage) has been diagnosed with liver cancer. He is only 57 and about the best person you could ever hope to find. He has a large supportive family so that's a good thing. He's scheduled to start chemo on Wednesday but the outlook is not very good with surgery not an option, at least at this time. If you are a praying person, your prayers would be much appreciated.

until next time...

Connie

© Copyright 2019 Happy 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964443-Time-does-fly