*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
17
18
20
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965260
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#965260 added August 30, 2019 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Film, Art, Feelings, Bruce Springsteen
Prompt: I had a prompt about Bruce Springsteen saying that film and art are like a map to sort out your feelings. Lyn has a prompt asking what our favorite Bruce Springsteen's song was and what memories it has for us and our life.

I am doing two prompts in one blog entry. Songs, movies and TV Shows play on my emotions and songs from my teen-age years makes me think of ex-boyfriends, the pageants I was in, the high school dances I went to, my grandparents and the memories I had of them. The Viet Nam War, seeing JFK and two of the astronauts in person when I lived in Washington, DC when I was a kid of 8. I loved The Beatles, James Bond movies, The Beatles movies, Batman, Green Acres and I feel like I live in Green Acres. It is the name of the family farm. My husband Ray and I are like Oliver and Lisa and people around here can be like Green Acres TV characters. I do love living here but I love to shop and feel like I am elite but I always want to go home to Green Acres. There are songs that I remember from when I first married and songs that remind me of the three jobs I had. Bruce is right about music and film being a map of our feelings. I could write ten pages about this but this is a Blog entry and I will keep it simple.

Bruce Springsteen songs. I watched Guiding Light years ago. They played a lot of Bruce Springsteen songs. Like when Reba was cheating on her elderly husband {She had married his two sons as well!}, her husband HB's picture was on the wall and the song I'm On Fire played and HB 's face was looking at Reba and she it scared her. It was so neat. Lujack had died and at his funeral, an instrumental Dancing in The Dark was playing. This was sad for his girlfriend Beth. Guiding Light did a vide of Out In The Streets. I love this song but I was disappointed in the video.

Born To Run. My husband had a motorcycle when we were first married and we loved riding the suicide machine. Born In The USA. This bought back memories of my father going to Viet Nam, my Vietmenese friend had when I was 9, that war and how it changed my father. We aren't close but we are doing better with each other. The war hit him hard. Worthless war.

Thunder Road. Darlington County. These were good songs. I remember my husband went to a Bachelor party and I stayed home and drank beer and listened to Bruce's music. I had a Bruce Springsteen Sweat shirt of his butt in a pair of jeans. Bruce was The Boss.

These are my Springsteen memories. Thanks for reading!

I love this image by AE Wilcox. Beautiful.

© Copyright 2019 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965260