*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965271-Killing-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#965271 added September 1, 2019 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Killing Time
Can you really kill time? What happens when you say you are killing time? Is it the same as wasting time? In this era, wasting someone can mean the same as killing them. Interesting thought.

So as we approach this last weekend of the summer, we are all anxious to just kill a little time. go fishing for the last time. Camping for the last time. Hiking for the last time. Swimming for the last time. Do these summer things for the last time before the real business of living comes back to bite us. The real business of survival in the Northern reaches of the hemisphere.

The sunlight grows dimmer as the days grow shorter. We anticipate cooler days and nights. We try to think how to heat our homes. We wonder how we will make it through the long winter.

But wait, you say, we are in the 21st century. We don't have to worry. We have central heat. We can go to the store. We have everything we need to stay warm and dry! Yes, indeed, we are blessed.

So I digress. Let's relax and kill some time. Not feel guilty about soaking up some sun before the winter comes. Then we'll have some winter fun in the cold and snow.



© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965271-Killing-Time