*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965358-Public-Parking
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#965358 added September 1, 2019 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Public Parking
"You have to make them move." The man is gesticulating wildly, trying to demonstrate to the museum guide that the car parked in front of his house, on the public street, mind you, is in his way. The kind museum guide nods, looks across the street, notes said car, looks at the man, who by the way, is still swinging arms and trying his best to get his point across.

I am noticing this from my vantage point, across the street on my porch. I think - what gives anyone the thought they own a private parking spot on the public street? The museum is county owned and only open from May to September. Visitors come and go and usually stay a short time. There is no parking lot for the visitors. Parking is on the street in front of the museum, very convenient for the visitors. But evidently very disturbing for my neighbor.

But then this is a neighbor new to this town. He seems to be unaware of the ebb and flow of life in a small Montana town. People here are friendly. They don't mind if someone parks in front of their house. Perhaps a car parked in front of your house is a visitor. Perhaps they will walk to your front door. Perhaps you will invite them in. And then that car parked in front of your house will not be inconveniently parked. It will seem like a magic chariot bearing kings and queens to your door.

But then I do tend to be dramatic. Well, the car eventually did move. That man didn't have to get so excited after all.



© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965358-Public-Parking