*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965605
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2199873
This is a legacy first edition self-published Nov 2011. I was only 15 years old back then.
#965605 added September 5, 2019 at 5:28am
Restrictions: None
First Best Friend (VIII)
First Best Friend. (VIII)

Dawning seemed to take forever for little Korvi’s mind as her tail twitched. She has been restless ever since she woke up early, as this dawn was the dawn that she'd be finally going out of the home cavern! Excitement aroused in her body as she opened her eyes, the bright azure blue filled with happiness, as she was so curious and eager to what it will be like outside her world of the home cavern for the first time! Rolling upright, she stands up almost too fast, every fiber of her being now awake and focused, looking to her mother as she slept, fully driven to get mum up and awake as she herself was. Korvi’s tiny claws clinked against the smooth solid stone ground as she did a few little running circles around, opening her maw squeaking out loud;

"Muum! Its dawns it's dawns! Times to gets ups!"

She speaks before she gave a pounce to her mother's snout. Fierya yawned as Furyan groaned as he speaks out tired.

"It is time for you to wake up and spend the dawn with your daughter beloved..."

Before then rolling back onto his side trying to sleep once more.

“Coomeon Muum!"

Korvi urged as she nudged her mother's snout, which smiled at her, hearing the warming voice;

"Good dawning my sweet little one... Up at first Star-Rise?"

Korvi squeaked happily, having a silly cute grin on her maw.

"Yeesh! Muum ish toos nows! We goes outsides nows??"

Hopping from paw to paw, she waits impatiently and over-excitedly as she looked to her mum. Fierya laughed softly, her smile was warming to the core, giving Korvi a gentle nuzzle.

"I can see that look in your eyes my little one, I would usually wait until after first dawn feeding..."

She pauses a moment with a smile, as Korvi looked down, not really wanting to wait until after they ate...

"But... I am more than assured Sarenala would be happy to offer us to share dawn's feeding with them."

Korvi perked her head up and smiles, beaming happily as she felt the joy instantly restored to her, for they were going to go out not having to wait!

"Yaaaays!"

Fierya giggled than nudges her encouraging towards the cavern entrance, saying out with a yawn,

“Now we can go my dearest, let us go visit Sarenala.”

Having no intentions to wait fully for mum to walk to the opening of the cavern to the open meadow, Korvi sprints ahead excitedly; her little heart soared with joy as she finally was going outside to see the open and with her mother too!

"Now little one… wait for mum..!"

Fierya calls to her as she starts to walk a little faster to catch up to her daughter's side, yawning still slightly sleepy. Korvia stood waiting just outside the cave, her tiny paws feeling the soft, warm gentle pure green grass the covered the whole meadow. The tall Sky-Mountains circled the border of the Infernals far in the distance, larger seeming to see then what mum explained to her! The large meadow was rich and pure of its nature, as other yearlings and younglings with their mother's wandering about casually, some were relaxed, some hunting, and some were playing, while in the north section, others were practicing gliding and flying, and even some were wrestling playfully with each other! The Infernals hardly ever fought in combat, having no real need to know combat as they were all peaceful of a species, though they did know how to hold ground against any other of kin as they had to in the Great Elemental War. The only way into their land was though a single passageway in the west end through a ruptured landslide in the mountains. Breathing in the fresh breeze, Korvi was taking in the beautiful sights with awe of the meadow and land.


`Her home.’

She smiled with the thought of that, finding the meadow awe-inspiring, her heart pounded with joy at such greatness she lives in, and felt more than happy to be part of it. Her small paws rested on the soft grass, feeling its warmth and soft soil.

"Muuum!! The ground! So softs!"

Korvi spoke with a surprised tone as her mother now stood beside her, softly laughing at how cute her little one looked and sounded.

"This is the earth beneath our feet; the ground can be soft or hard, or even wet! Now come along little one, we don't have all dawn to stop at everything my child."

Korvi blinked, seeing her mother starting to walk ahead, not wanting to be left behind, she follows her mother while looking at everything around her, her tail swishing side to side happily. As they both continued their slow paced walk, it felt as if it had been cycles; Korvi's small paws were getting sore and tired, though felt better when her mother pointed a claw to another cave. It wasn't as big or as nice as hers, though it was still a cavern.

"Muum, is thats its? This where we goes?"

Korvi asked curiously to her mother, tilting her head as she looked directly to the cavern ahead.

"Yes my dearest, this is the home of my close friend. Come my sweet, do not be afraid."

Fierya replied with a motherly loving nuzzle and smile as she stepped up to the cavern entrance, calling into the dark opening,

"Sarenala? Are you home?"

She waits a few moments to see if there was a response though no response came. Korvi felt a little upset inside... She was so excited to meet her mother's friend and now she may not be there? Fierya opened her maw to speak again, though before one word was uttered, all of a sudden a large deep scarlet scaled dragoness roared while pounce-tackling Fierya. Taken by surprise, Fierya yelps as she fell backwards, landing on her back, Korvi gasping in shock seeing her mother attacked, whining loud,

"MUUUM!!"

All that was heard after a moment was laughter. The red dragoness got off Fierya while grinning wide.

"Why is it that I always manage to get the mighty Dragon-queen herself pinned on the ground at the mercy of my claws? It’s great to see you Fierya!"

Spoke the red dragoness with a kind tone. After picking herself up and letting her racing heart calm down, Fierya laughed lowly, replying with soft breaths from panting,

"Sarenala you KNOW I am jumpy! You nearly scared me out of my scales! Dragonqueen or not I’m not immune to surprises and fear, hardly any would be! It's great to see you too though..."

She pauses a moment to give Sarenala what seemed to be a kind affectionate lick to her cheek, causing Sarenala to blush lightly. Korvi felt her own heart beating fast, but felt better there was no real danger or threat to her or her mum, watching curiously as her mother licked Sarenala on the cheek, was that a good thing to do? She didn’t know but if her mother did it then it must be normal!

"I also brought my little one to visit... Little Korvi, I've named her Korvia; though call her Korvi for short. I heard you yourself have a child!"

Sarenala nods, smiling at Korvi, who was trying to hide under her mother’s wing.

"That I do dear Fierya, about the same age as yours! We should have the yearlings meet... then spend some time by ourselves. The young can get to know each other, play, and grow to be great friends!"

Fierya chuckled, leading Korvi with her as they followed Sarenala into her warm cave, Korvi having much curiosity to meet another yearling that was her age, and that she would soon meet Sarenala’s child was bringing excitement to little Korvi with the shy hopes of making a friend!

***

A short time passed as Korvi followed her mother and Sarenala into the depths of her home, the walls were rough looking and the stone floor was cracked and not fully smooth, more noticing it was not like her home with her mother though it did not seem that bad. As she followed, Korvi’s little claws clanked on the rough stone that they walked on, hearing her mother's and Sarenala's paws too, her heart was beating happy as she followed close.

"How is your day today young Korvia? Do you enjoy being out of your cavern for once?"

Sarenala suddenly asked Korvi while they walked. Korvi squeaked a little in surprise, being addressed and spoken to which caused her to hesitate a reply… then speaks in her soft high-pitched tone

"I ish...goods! Happies...gets to see outs! Happies… To meet yous! Muums fwiend!"

Korvi giggles, she wasn't perfect with her speech and would not be for a while, but she was understood, making Sarenala laugh lightly,

"I am sure you are! I am happy to meet you and see you're dear mother again; we are quite…the close friends! I am sure you will also be happy to meet my own child quite soon."

Korvi felt shy and curious as she wondered to what it will be like to meet another young one, just like her!
Fierya and Sarenala spoke to each other in near whispers, words Korvi couldn't hear and some she didn't understand, but both adult dragons were giggling at some things said while they walked on to the main chamber of the cavern. The main chamber of Sarenala's home was simple, open space, corners leading to other parts of the cavern, and a small nesting bed for young. Korvi rushed ahead as she saw the nesting bed, made out of fur's and hide of the animals they had, being caring and clean, the furs weren’t bloody, instead they were washed and tended to in a lake, the hide was cleared of any leftovers and washed, stacked and made into a soft warm nesting bed. Once reaching it, Korvi looks in it and squeaks, as there was another yearling, the scales were deep scarlet red, pure red hide, the young was awake, looking at its claws, noticing Korvi the moment she made a noise, getting startled then squeaks, falling back, Korvi herself ducking her head crouching low to the ground.

"Has...Korvia always bore those... Markings upon her body my Fierya?"

Sarenala whispers to Fierya as they stood next to each other while casually approaching the nesting bed, Fierya chuckling as she noticed Korvi duck shyly.

"Yes, she has by birth, we don't know the cause, there is no reaction, nor any mixed blood, and she is pure of blood as we all are. But she is... blessed it seems by the almighty Azuren himself we guessed, she is... unique. She was late to hatch by eight dawns... yet she is perfectly healthy, her eyes... even seem to glow slightly, something we will have to watch as my daughter grows. I am... concerned, yet warmed in heart."

Fierya replied with a kind sweet tone, giving Sarenala a tender nuzzle. The two adults walked and sat by the nesting bed side by side, Fierya looking to Korvi as Sarenala looked to her own young in the nest, speaking;

"Shaol, the Highbornes are visiting us, the Dragonqueen and her daughter are here for the dawn and dawn-rest, and will share early-dawn feeding with us, come out and meet the yearling."

The yearling in the next hesitantly peaks out, Korvi was still holding her head down, being noticeably very shy,
before building her own little courage, she attempts to speak out;

"H..hai...”

then squeaks after speaking, crouching lower, to which the other young, Shaol jumps out of the nest, looking to Korvi curiously, then says cheerfully,

"H..hello!"

Korvi was caught by surprise, standing back up normally, and tries to talk, having troubles trying to speak nearly each word,

"H...hows yous..? I ish...Koorvi..."

Shaol blinks a bit tilting his head, his deep Sapphire eyes filled with curiousness, joy and shyness, before speaking in his own high pitched tone,

"I is Shaaol...”

It was an awkward moment for the two young, as they looked at each other for a few minutes in complete silence.

"I think they will get used to each other well my dear."

Sarenala says to Fierya as they watch the young while cuddling against each other. The two young kept small talking, trying to learn of each other. Slowly the shyness started to wash away, as they talked easier now to each other, Korvi suddenly then asks shyly and embarrassed

"Wills… yous bes... my fwiend?"

Shaol blinked and squeaks in surprise, glancing to his mother, as Sarenala and Fierya smiled at both of them.

Both Korvia and Shaol felt happiness as well as shyness inside of becoming friends, to which he then responds slow, but happy,

"O...okaay..! We be fwiends!"

Korvi squeaked happily and shyly, feeling her little heart beat happily, having her first friend on the day she got to first leave her home! It felt good inside to her! Korvi smiles happy and looks at Shaol, who smiled right back at Korvi, which in turn made both blush and smile shyly. With joy in her heart, having a friend, while remembering seeing what her mother did at the entrance of the cavern, leans close to Shaol to nuzzle and gives a shy wet lick to his cheek, making Shaol squeak and blush but didn't find it weird that much for he hardly understood what it meant, so in turn Shaol returns the lick, as to their minds, it was just a friendship thing as she saw her mother do to her friend Sarenala. Sarenala blinks as Fierya and her saw that, then says to Fierya teasingly,

"I think we got to be careful with the affection, young eyes, little minds, we don't want them copying everything!"

"Better why then we are alone later then when yearlings cannot see nor hear to repeat.”

Fierya says with a chuckle.
© Copyright 2019 Shaolth (UN: shaolth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaolth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965605