*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965606
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2199873
This is a legacy first edition self-published Nov 2011. I was only 15 years old back then.
#965606 added September 5, 2019 at 5:32am
Restrictions: None
A Dawn's Visit (IX)
A Dawn’s Visit. (IX)

The time spent at Sarenala’s cavern seemed to pass too fast for Korvi and Shaol as the two new friends played most of the dawn, having most fun with each other, getting used to each other quite fast after the first hour of meeting, and more so after sharing early dawn feeding. The two yearlings had fun chasing each other, pouncing and surprising each other, teasing each other playfully and making up games to play, enjoying their time together so much that both Korvi and Shaol lost track of time, seeing Fierya approach Korvi and Shaol, speaking in her soft loving tone,

“Korvia my little one it is time we go home… it is almost Dawn-rest and we need to be well rested as next dawn we are to meet your sister Teralen! Say goodbye to Shaol my dear one.”

Korvi lowered her head looking to her mum and then to Shaol, whining out in a protest;

“Awwws buts muums! Soo soons??”

Shaol looks to Korvi, as Korvi looked back to Shaol, looking into hiw sapphire blue eyes, as Shaol looked into Korvi’s azure blue eyes, Shaol speaking out,

“See you friend Koorvii!”

Korvi smiled a silly little grin; giving Shaol gentle little nuzzles,

“Byes Shaaol! See yous laters!”

Fierya chuckled softly and smiled, Sarenala walked up beside Fierya and nuzzles her, giving Fierya’s cheek a soft lick before speaking gently to her,

“Goodbye my dear Fierya, I shall see you again some dawn for sure!”

Fierya laughs softly and nuzzles back Sarenala with a smile, replying with a grin,

“Of course Sarenala! In a few dawns perhaps we could all go out and enjoy some time in the meadow!”

Korvi squeaked with happiness at the thought of that idea of all going out together and playing in the meadow, they would even get to maybe meet other yearlings!

“Yesh muum we dos thats soons I hopes!”

Sarenala leans her neck down to give Korvi a gentle little nuzzle, smiling to her,

“Then it is something we all can enjoy in a few dawns indeed. You take care of yourself little Korvi, you hear me? Least I have to team up with Fierya to keep the little cute blue marked Highborne in check along with Shaol! I’m not going to be the defensive combat instructor to young adults and juveniles for nothing trust that!”


Fierya snickers mumbling,

“Oh I believe you…”

Sarenala smirks at Fierya and smiles, finishing,

“I hope to see you again little Korvia, I hope the rest of your dawn goes well after Dawn-rest.”

After saying all the goodbyes, Fierya lead Korvi out of Sarenala’s cavern home, walking through the meadow as the great Fire-Star started setting in the distance, and Dawn-rest was fast approaching.

“Did my little one enjoy this dawn and happy to have made her first friend?”

Fierya asks with a smile while walking through the soft cool grass, watching Korvi with love.

“Yesh dids! Very happies muum!! Shaaol ish amazings! Funs tos play withs toos! He bestest fwiend!”

Korvi squeaked with great happiness inside as she nodded her little head with a silly toothy grin, looking back up to her mother as she hears Fierya laugh.

“Yes you two seem to be the great friends! I remember when I was a yearling like you, I met Sarenala, and she has always and always will be my best friend! We are more than friends now but you don’t need to worry of that yet my dearest, but I remember when I was little like you, I would spend many dawns with her, playing games, chasing each other… Oh those were nice dawns… five hundred forty-nine cycles ago when I was a yearling…”

Fierya sighed contently with a smile of the memory of her own past as Korvi looked to her mum with a surprised look.

“Muums was littles like mes befores?? Lots of cycles agos?!”

Korvi exclaimed surprised, seeing how big her mum is though it made sense that she was much older. Chuckling, Fierya nodded, replying with a smile.

“Yes, I was a little one like you a long time ago… so was Sarenala. Now we are bigger and grown, living here all our lives and will be for as long as we live, this is our home, our Meadow.”

In thought as they walked home, Korvi squeaked out confused and curious,

“Muum… whats outs pasts sky-mountains? Outsides meadow?”

Fierya stopped for a moment in her path, looking to Korvi a bit serious, speaking softly to her trying to give a simple answer.

“Outside our meadow… past the Sky-Mountains… is a very dangerous world… filled with bad other dragons who would hurt you, and a growing number of creatures that walk on two legs upright… outside is the world known as Kelreth… we are safe here…in our home. The Sky-Mountains protect us my little one.”

Korvi looked to her mum as they resumed walking; confused curiosity roused in her, squeaking out in question,

“Other dragons?? Kel…reth..? Creatures??”

Fierya smiled faintly and nods, speaking soft.

“Yes. The other element dragon species… we are the Infernals… we are of Fire. There are the others; the Aquarians for water, Erathans for earth, Arius for air, Diveneous for light, Abyssians for dark, Vienous for Nature and lastly Glaecions for Ice… they all have their own homes all around the borders of Kelreth, just like how we have our meadow here. The middle of Kelretha is dangerous because other species are making things there… we are safest here, where we belong.”

Fierya decided to not mention of the humans by word, not wanting her little one scared.

***

As they arrived at their cavern home, Korvi was going over her thoughts, she didn’t fully understand though did know now that of course her home meadow was safe, she never planned to ever leave ever, it was good and happy here, and tomorrow she was going to see her sister! Korvi felt so full of energy that she wished that it was now she was going to see her bigger sister Teralen again, she feels as if she isn’t able to sleep for a while as she was nudged to the nesting bed.

“Come my little one… I know you are excited but you need your rest… tomorrow is a busy day for us! We both need to rest well my little one… come… let us rest until next dawn… sleep well my precious little daughter… may your sleep be well.”

Korvi yawned even though she felt restless, snuggling under her mother’s warm tender wing, going into a light sleep as Fierya hums lightly while they both slowly fall asleep.
© Copyright 2019 Shaolth (UN: shaolth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaolth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965606