*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965607
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2199873
This is a legacy first edition self-published Nov 2011. I was only 15 years old back then.
#965607 added September 5, 2019 at 5:39am
Restrictions: None
Betrayal and Death (X)
Betrayal and Death. (X)

~“It has been to many dawns…Only one more to go…”~

Thought Teralen to herself as she silently enjoyed her flight through the air during the quiet peaceful Early-Dawn. It has been a full cycle since she last saw her little sister Korvi, and the next dawn is when she was to see her again! It brought joy to her heart with the thought to get to see her yearling little sister, who was now ten years old in dragon years, a complete cycle. Thoughts raced through her mind, though the greatest on her mind other than her little sister Korvi, was Tranras, the one she loved deep in her heart. He has shown her much love and over-protective care; he started to love her that last cycle when she shown she cared and started doing what he wanted, no matter what it was. She believed him to be her life-mate, to be with her forever, and even shyly thought of one day having a family with him and being a mother one dawn. For the past cycle, he has always been kind, spending time with her, and told her how special she was as he always shown affection for her. She took her mother’s warning that cycle ago as a false warning now, for surely he wouldn’t do all this if he didn’t truly love her in his heart. She sighed as she continued her flight over the large open meadow, heading North-west to the forest she was instructed to meet in. She was to meet with Tranras whom insisted she came this dawn to meet him within the forest and it did bother her that he decided to be in the forest alone rather than the warm meadow they usually met in to spend time together, but she pushed that worry aside. For many a dawn, she has been greatly too shy to ask him to be her mate, because she feared he would deny her for not being good enough for him, though today was the dawn she would ask, as she even made a bonding mate gift with her own paws for him! She thought how delightful it would be to see her little sister and mother, with her mate by her side! Smiling with the warm thought, she angled and tilted her wings to descend, landing at the opening of the north-west forest. It hardly crossed her mind that for the past twenty-five dawns he has been increasingly taking advantage upon her, being bossy and ordering her around. Teralen did everything he wanted without question, as she wanted to prove her loyalty and love though no matter what she did, it never seemed to be fully enough she needs to win him. Teralen was assured that this time, the gift she herself worked so hard with effort deep in her heart to try making the perfect mate-ship gift for him, would get him to agree to be with her forever.

She started to walk through the deep green forest on silent soft paws, her tail lightly rustled against the grass as she pressed deeper into the woods. Flight was impossible while inside, due to the thickness of trees, so all who entered had to walk to get around. Teralen saw and heard the birds upon branches, chirping and making noise. She found it odd that they were not merrily singing in chirps… instead it felt a little scary, as if the birds were trying to warn her to turn away, trying to warn her… shaking the feeling away, she pressed on deeper in, she wasn’t like her mother who would observe everything, and besides, she was to meet with her lover Tranras!

***

After a good distance walk on the path, Teralen comes to a small and well hidden trail that lead off the main path, it was where she was to go that was supposed to lead to a lake in a small clearing. Looking to the ground, she was able to make out a few paw prints leading off into the distance, so Tranras had to of came through here. She veers off the main path onto the small made path that was so hard to notice she would not have found it if not told how deep in and saw his paw marks in the dirt. Walking down the narrow bushy path, she follows deeper into the forest, keeping herself focused. The directions she was given proved true, as after minutes of walking through the narrow path, she comes upon an open clearing. In the clearing looking around, she sees the small lake, and by the lake, she then saw him, sitting there by the edge of the water. He had dark scarlet red scales, orange eyes, a slender tail, large wings and perfect curved razor sharp claws. He was perfect to Teralen… Teralen smiled at the sight of him, walking up to him speaking in a small but happy tone,

“Hello Tranras! I’m here now!”

Tranras looked to her with a short smile.

“I am glad, I worried you would not show up.”

He spoke as he stood up, giving her a soft nuzzle.

“I’m sorry I’m late I hurried fast as I possibly could… I’ve got a few busy dawns coming up… especially next dawn! You needed to talk with me in private and alone here?”

Teralen says gentle as she sits down, watching him with a kind smile, resting her paws over the other. Tranras smirked and nods, replying slyly,

“Yes… There is a special reason why I wanted you here alone instead of meeting in the meadow… though before I share my news, with all respect to you, my dear Highborne… share with me your own events.”

Looking to Tranras with full attention, blushing a little from being called his dear one, she shifts a little, getting comfortable where she sat, speaking in her gentle tone,

“Well… nothing too special lately, save for next dawn I get to see my yearling wing-sister!”

Tranras looked to her with his own complete attention, listening to each of her words, still slightly smirking to himself.

“Oh you’re yearling sister? Sort of interesting… have you anything else to say?”

Teralen blinks a little confused, and felt even offended, though she quickly shook that feeling off, smiling at him, watching as he sits beside her, putting a strong tender felt wing over her seeming a little possessively tight around her.

“And… I’ve made you a special gift… Tranras…”

She says while giving a faint smile, looking to her paws.

“You got a gift for me? Let’s see it then Teralen.”

She then shyly lifts her wing slightly to retrieve an object she had hidden under her wing that she carried, revealing a deep, rich high quality beautiful sky sapphire pendant, that was attached and flame-heated to a well forged golden chain to hang gently on a neck without getting wrecked. She has spent nearly twenty dawns making it herself. The sky sapphire itself was an exotic gem, was given to her by her mother Fierya when she was younger, told to keep it safe and to give it to one she felt in her heart she loved; and now that she felt that she found that one, the sapphire was added to the pendant to show her truest love and quality of work she’s done herself, wanting this gift to be perfect for the one she’d call her life-mate.

“I made this for you, Tranras… I--”

He cut her short of her words by quickly taking it into his paws, having a small low smirk.

“Now this is a lovely pendant necklace... and such a valuable gem it contains! Is it strong though I wonder…?”

With a harsh intent and no given reason, as he knew what the gift was for, he knew she loved him so deep…
making her easy to manipulate. With what he said, he put a paw with its sharp claw though the gold feeble chain, and as if ‘testing’ it, pulls against it rather rough. The chain was meant to be around the neck and slightly tugged at best, not roughly pulled. The crafted golden chain broke with such ease… Teralen felt a sudden deep pang in her heart, feeling her eyes water, hearing him speak again

“Pity… it can’t handle my one claw… least the pendant itself is strongly built I would assume?”

He smirks and with the pendant itself with the sky sapphire in the middle, Tranras begins to clench his paw closed, crushing the silvery metal pendant that she forged as best she could, seeing the metal gets crushed, The sky sapphire gem pops out with a large scratch, the metal pendant fully crushed and broken. Teralen felt at that moment as if it were her heart being crushed and shattered. As he drops the crushed useless pendant, he speaks casually;

“It seems it wasn’t strong and firmly made at all... Next time you make something; assure that it is made properly and not breakable, though I do wonder from your own words, why did you make me a gift? What did you hope to achieve?”

He grins slightly, watching her. Teralen whimpered and sniffled, her eyes watering to tears,
her heart just got emotionally hurt and ached deep within her core, feeling it drum like bongs hit hard… he never was mean nor like this to her before! She knew she had to say now, to open up and say what she held deep in for so long, looking down, feeling tears silently stream down her snout, speaking in light sobs,

“I… I was hoping… that you could be my mate… I love you Tranras… I made that pendant with my own claws for dawns upon dawns as a mate-ship gift; the sky sapphire was given to me by my mum when I was little…”

For a moment, Tranras looked surprised, as if feeling guilt and regret, but it was washed away as he laughed.

“Hahahaha is that what this is all about? You want to be my mate?”

He asked with an amused tone, only making the pain ache in Teralen’s heart grow.

“Y... yes… I love you and would do whatever I could for you, and I have gladly listened to you, doing every silly thing you wanted me to do for the past cycle… you treated me with love and care, I thought this dawn would be the best time to ask… to show our love for each other and one day… A... a family…”

Teralen sniffled after having said her heart’s true feelings. Tranras had an amused smirk on his muzzle after hearing her sad plea.

“Oh poor dear Teralen… a mighty noble blood Highborne sobbing pitifully like a little hatchling. Let me rest you’re curiosity aside; I cannot,nor ever can be your mate. One reason is I already have one, and she is not as weak as you, but I do admit you are more beautiful than her. Even though I cannot have you as a mate, you can continue to be the little good pet servant and do as I say, it has been so amusing! I only loved you as a servant to obey me and to have use of your body and loyalty to me. You meant nothing more than that to me so I cannot be yours.”

Teralen gasps in deep shock, and felt great betrayed, shaking her head unable to believe this to be true. She felt as if her heart stopped dead cold and gutted being ripped out of her in deep emotional pain. She prayed she was dreaming, that she would wake up and that none of this was real, but she knew it was real… the only one she truly loved so she thought, has played her like a fool… taking advantage upon her all this time…

“N…No..! It can’t be true… I can’t believe it..! You… you have been using me all this time! For a whole cycle I never meant a real bit of love to your heart ever I bet! Only as some… some beast to do whatever you wanted! You…you disgust me…I given up time and time again with my family because I thought of you and held great love and care for you with all my heart! I’m… leaving here… and I want NOTHING to ever do with you anymore ever again Tranras! My mother was right about older males and types like you! I got a little sister to be with and see next dawn… one I love and who loves me!”

She felt her heart filled with great sorrow and hurt emotions, attempting to stand up and to leave him for good, though as she went to stand up, she felt a strong wing force her back down roughly, restraining her to the ground against him quite tightly. Fear sparked in her as she hears his laughter, though this one was cold and cruel sounding, sending shivers down her whole body and spine to her tail-tip.

“Perhaps you should have listened to your lovely mother then…for a Dragonqueen she is quite pathetic for not raising her daughter better than this to fall to such manipulation…a pity indeed. I’m afraid I can’t just let you go Teralen… Can’t have you crying to mommy of what I’ve done, getting me punished, now can we?”

He laughs lowly, a chilling cold laugh.

“A true shame… especially how beautiful you are, and all I wanted this day was to make use of your feminine body and make you and I both happy until I had my fill of fun, then send you off home to be used another dawn… but you had to ruin it by doing this. Sadly you won’t be seeing your sister next dawn as you hoped for…”

How Tranras said that brought deep fear and worry in Teralen, sniffling then whimpers sadly and scared, asking with worry and fear,

“What… what are you going to do to me..?”

She struggled fiercely to get up, to break free and to run home and cry to her mother,
but she came nowhere near able to get up and out, his strength was too great and held her down firmly in his grasp under his wing.

“Hush now Teralen… All your pains will go away soon…I promise everything will go much better oh so soon…”

He said in a sweet caring like tone as Teralen whimpered again, so hurt with emotion caused, she didn’t feel that his left paw was moved against her soft delicate belly… He speaks again in a gentle even loving like tone,

“Such a beautiful female you are Teralen… so precious, so delicate and sweet, so foolish and young… to chase you’re hearts dreams… courageous and kind… almost too sweet.”

Teralen had her eyes closed while sobbing silently to herself, unable to escape, not feeling better from his cold ‘comfort’, her thoughts raced to her family… her little sister Korvia, and how cute she was as a new-born… lost in her own fear and thoughts she did not feel the small little pin pokes of pain that Tranras’ claws were held sharply against her soft exposed belly… hearing him speak half-caring but coldly;

“All you need to do now my sweet Teralen… is to relax…--”

The pokes got more painful pressed against her belly,


“To hold your eyes closed…--”

The claws against her belly was pressed firm against her causing her to squirm slightly more.

“And to die…”

As he said that, he roughly and fast digs his claws deep in Teralen from the bottom of her belly, and rips upwards to her chest plates, rending and slashing her soft flesh soft belly deeply and badly, immediately spewing her blood causing a fast pour of her rich hot blood. The belly of an Infernal and common other dragons was the most fatal weakness, just as the throat was. As Teralen’s belly was slashed open with the four claws by his rend. Teralen opens her eyes suddenly and wails in a loud pained howl, feeling a sudden deep pain sending vibrate tingles of pure shock and pain though her whole body, the shock of such a wound made her go silent a moment after her howl of a loud roar, going into a state of shock from a fatal wound left untended, she was now whimpering low in fear… this was the unimaginable to her… It was as if this couldn’t have possibly happened, and yet it did. Teralen tried her fullest to keep her eyes fully open, to keep her focus of her surroundings…though all she saw was the wing over Tranras holding her down firmly, the grass under her, and the tree trunks. Her focus kept getting slowly more blurry of vision with the free flow loss of her blood…
Her belly was ripped open deep and very long, only being a few moment’s passing as she now laid in a grown pool of her blood, sputtering out weakly with a choked sob

“Wh… Why…Tran...ras… I…Loved...You…”

Tranras cradles her head and neck now as if comforting her, letting the fatal wound slowly take its full toll on her, speaking gently,

“Hush now Teralen… close your eyes, don’t fight it… let the pains of this world fade so you can escape your suffering for all eternity… you don’t need family, a sister… not even love… you are to die without.”

Hardly even hearing him, she was lost in her own mind losing vision of reality, losing the feelings around her body as millions of thoughts was racing through her mind, her vision was nearly fully faded out, and in its place was images of her whole life… The pain of her flesh wound seemed to be fully gone and non-existent, seeing images and memories of her own life…

~”Is this…what it’s like…to die?”~

The question ran through her mind silently and confused, being unanswered to herself as she sees the memories from her own birth, how excited mum and dad were to have their very first child… from being fed the first time and sung to by mother…small tears begun to water at Teralen’s eyes of her body as her senses dull slowly more, still seeing memories. Seeing from her growing up slowly dawn by dawn, and when she was a youngling how she was proud learning to hunt…and from growing to a beautiful young adult dragoness Highborne that mother was proud of… all her memories flashed though her mind at once, and then the memory of her little sister Korvia… How cute and unique she was due to her symbols she was born with, making her look outstanding and beautiful… to how they got along on the first dawn of her life… Teralen could have been living with her family if she didn’t run after this false love and if she had listened to her mother’s warnings… she would not be laying here, dying a pained, slow death.

The pool of her blood she laid in was thick and sticky around her, seeping out more slowly, any hope of her being saved was gone, as it was too late for she has lost too much blood… but she didn’t feel any of the pain anymore… Instead, she felt and heard death knocking at her door within her soul, silent thuds in the empty growing darkness, offering her final rest, peace and an end to pain in the after-life for her, feeling like a soothing cold embrace that felt calming and refreshing to relief her, the feeling was felt greater than life, all that she was being asked to receive was for her to open the door for him and let him in to show her the way… Her breathing was slowing greatly.

~“So this… is the peace and prosperity felt… when one…is dying… and going to die… there is no…pain…only calm and freedom… I’m scared… mother…I’m going to…finally rest from pain…to join our…great creator…”~

Teralen weakly thought in her mind as reality spun more from existence, unable to move, her vision was black as she only felt and listened to her weakening heart and the un-ending knocking of death telling her it was time to let go. Tranras got up, content of the wound he inflicted upon Teralen, seeing it take its toll upon her and that he was no longer required to bother holding her down, he had to wash this blood off anyways he noticed as he got up, taking his own leave to let her spend her final moments dying alone… alone and unloved without family and to die in the forest…

“Goodbye Teralen. Die well.”

He said simply as he left her to bleed out to her own death. He knew this was a very cruel way to kill…letting Teralen bleed to death in slow pain and torment wasn’t the greatest way to end her, though Tranras didn’t care, for all he cared about was that she was to be dead, lost in the forest and no longer an issue for him. He couldn’t imagine how much pain Teralen must be going through, though to her mind as she laid limp, she did not feel any pain through her at all as others would imagine, especially now how bad the wound looked and the sight of her, it looked savage and brutal. The blood flow through the wound was nearly completely stopped; the gaping wound was too large and exposed fully to the open as she helplessly lies upon the ground in her own thick blood, each heartbeat of hers was getting weaker each passing moment. She couldn’t see nor move, barely aware of reality as she lightly and barely whimpers with each of her pained breaths from her faltering lungs…she was so scared inside… Teralen didn’t know what to do and to expect as she was holding every ounce of her departing life. So scared inside her soul of what the other side is like after life… to be hopefully rested and at peace and joy with their great creator whom brought life to her, she faintly hoped that her body would be returned so she could be free… but until that happened there was only darkness, and she had no choice but to await it and with what soothing feeling it was to bring with it. Teralen’s breathing was faint and gaped, as if she was choking upon her breaths in her throat. Her beautiful hide of ruby red has paled slowly to a dull color of red, as her aura of warmth that every Infernals naturally had, has died out completely, showing full signs of the loss of life for the Infernal species. As time slowly passed by, it wasn’t long at all since Tranras slashed her, only about six minutes, yet it felt like an eternity as at last came her breathing finally slowed to a stop, as all her senses left her body. Death’s knocking turned to pounding upon her door against her soul, as if now ready to break it down and to force his way in, the offer was becoming more welcoming felt and soothing to her each second she clung to what she had of a life left. It was getting too hard to deny him now as the offer and peace rest from the torment of life was too good to resist, what did she have left anyways? Why carry on? There was no point. Why suffer and hurt, why feel the wound upon her belly inflicted upon her, why have feelings that have led to her death, all she needed now was freedom and peace from the pains of life… Her final thoughts were silent in her mind, though she managed to think them clearly one final time.

~“Mum… Sister… Forgive…Me…I…love…you…”~

As her heart finally stopped…giving in, there was no more beats within as the flesh of her life body having now became deathly still, cold and limp having completely lost even body temperature, there was no more whimpers, breaths or heart beating, her body having died on her, Teralen then opened her door to her very soul, welcoming death inside to claim and take her, feeling the relief from the pains of living, as all of her faded into a soothing painless darkness… There was no more hurts as death embraced her and taken her away from her torments of living…Leaving life with her heart’s last loving thought of her family… of her little sister she’d never get to spend time with, to play silly games and have fun with, and to not get to see her grow to become the beautiful female she will be…her last loved thoughts washed though her mind a last time within her core as she died.
© Copyright 2019 Shaolth (UN: shaolth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaolth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965607